Mechanical Fuel Pumps

mbalbritton

#@$%!
This is getting a bit ridiculous. I'm getting about 3-4 hrs of run time out of Fuel pumps at this point. I've now had my second new mechanical pump spew from the weep hole. I know it was said on here before that you just have to keep swapping them until you get a good one, but this is ree-damn-dick-u-lus.

Is it really just cheap China parts or is there something in my system/set up that could be the issue?

Poly tank
New Rubber hoses from and rear
Hardlines look very clean on the outside, I'd assume the same for inside
OE style Fuel filter with return line.
Return line seems to flow easy enough
MC2100 on a 258.

When the pump is new and not leaking, it runs great. But that seems to only last a few hours of run time. Are they making that much shit product? Am I just that Lucky? maybe I need to go to a different store because the same store received a bad batch? Maybe a different brand?

Block plate to get rid of the mech pump and put this back by the tank:

Are they making that much shit product? Am I just that Lucky? maybe I need to go to a different store because the same store received a bad batch? Maybe a different brand?
Yes, Likely, Possibly, and Definitely...

Keep in mind the "newest" vehicles to use a mechanical fuel pump are 40 y/o, any "OE" castings have likely been rebuilt 50 times by offshore hacks, and all that's left is Chineseum/3rd world crap (see YT vids of Pakistani's making/rebuilding *EVERTYTHING* from salvaged ship parts 🙄)

Yes, Likely, Possibly, and Definitely...

Keep in mind the "newest" vehicles to use a mechanical fuel pump are 40 y/o, any "OE" castings have likely been rebuilt 50 times by offshore hacks, and all that's left is Chineseum/3rd world crap (see YT vids of Pakistani's making/rebuilding *EVERTYTHING* from salvaged ship parts 🙄)
well put, good sir....

Last edited:
I'd be trying a different Brand, If you can be Sure it's from a different source. I once viewed a PS pump for my CJ. It's the same GM pump ran for years. Yes, they were rebuilt. I was Price checking, & looked at the Advance pump that was pictured. Then I looked at the same under NAPA. They Both showed the same picture, which I Wondered how it even got listed; the pump body was Dented! Both showed the same picture, & I was told Most Sellers bought from the same vendor.
maybe E bay, has something different, or even NOS.

Back