Shop Hack

R Q

Tub O Towels are great but get costly for a quick hand wipe. Keep a sealed container beside it and put the lightly used ones in and seal them up for later use. They last for days like this. Lay them on the counter in the open and the cleaning liquid evoparates immediately.
1714874929148.jpeg

lightly used ones
See that's the thing. If I'm reaching for one of those my hands look like I reached in the oil pan to find the plug. Rarely do I have one that looks remotely reusable when I'm done with it.
Phillip got me hooked on the box of rags when he was with his supply house. It's just cut up sheets. That's USUALLY my go too, and I actually wash those and reuse them. I just wash them separately and then shove them back in the original box for light and medium duty mess

See that's the thing. If I'm reaching for one of those my hands look like I reached in the oil pan to find the plug. Rarely do I have one that looks remotely reusable when I'm done with it.
Phillip got me hooked on the box of rags when he was with his supply house. It's just cut up sheets. That's USUALLY my go too, and I actually wash those and reuse them. I just wash them separately and then shove them back in the original box for light and medium duty mess
I keep some GoJo on the bench for the real greasy jobs too. They both have their uses.

I've been buying bar towels from Sam's similar to the box of rags. Wash the lightly used ones. The bar towels seem to be thicker and a little more absorbent. Also have a sink in the garage but usually only use it when I'm leaving.

I used a little what ever, except underwear, hadn't went to that extreme.....yet! But old cut up t-shirts mostly. I do have a few bar mops, and yesterday a friend brought me up a slew of them, the ones that were used in the restaurant, that the stains wouldn't come out, but, they were clean. He brought nearly a five gallon bucket full of them, should last me a long time. And yes, I do wash and reuse them.

Back