Who would you call to finish a rig?

I need a lot done. This is the list I created.

Jeep work to be done:

Front axle:

• Weld passenger spring perch to axle tube
  • Install diff cover and fill with fluid
Front suspension:
  • Weld spring hangers to frame
  • Cut shock hoops to length and weld to frame
  • Weld lower shock mounts to axle housing
  • Mount shocks
Rear axle:
  • Weld spring perches to axle tube
  • Install diff cover and fill with fluid
Rear suspension:
  • Weld spring hangers to frame
  • Weld lower shock mounts to axle housing
  • Mount shocks
  • Build traction bar (Have Barnes kit and some custom made parts, rear axle mounts done)
  • Finish building traction bar crossmember (Have parts)
Fuel system:

Mount fuel filter and connect remaining lines after welding spring hanger to frame

Cooling system:
  • Finish building mounting system for radiator (Griffin combo unit with radiator, shroud and fans)
  • Wire up electric fans
  • Install radiator hoses and fill system (need to buy hoses/parts for this)
Steering:
  • Drill and tap steering box for hydro assist
  • Plumb hydro assist lines from box to ram

Driveshafts:
  • Get front driveshaft lengthened
  • Install front driveshaft
Skid plate:

Fabricate a flat skid plate and install

Brakes:
  • Install 1 ton master cylinder
  • Install new brake lines at all four corners and to and on rear axle
  • Bleed system
  • Rear calipers might need replacement (they are old, standard 14 bolt swap kit stuff)
Tub/body:

Build new sheet metal floor around transfer case where cut for clearance due to raised TC

Seats:
  • Build seat mounts
  • Install seats
  • Build mounts for harnesses
  • Install harnesses
Exhaust system:

Build new exhaust system from header all the way back to clear front driveshaft (really need new header due to multiple cracks)

I took the time to compile some estimates for how long it would take me to do these things.

Jeep work to be done:How long I think it will takeHow Long it will actually take
(minutes)(hours)
Front axle:
Weld passenger spring perch to axle tube
5​
5​
Install diff cover and fill with fluid
10​
10​
Front suspension:
Weld spring hangers to frame
30​
30​
Cut shock hoops to length and weld to frame
60​
60​
Weld lower shock mounts to axle housing
20​
20​
Mount shocks
10​
10​
Rear axle:
Weld spring perches to axle tube
20​
20​
Install diff cover and fill with fluid
10​
10​
Rear suspension:
Weld spring hangers to frame
30​
30​
Weld lower shock mounts to axle housing
20​
20​
Mount shocks
10​
10​
Build traction bar (Have Barnes kit and some custom made parts, rear axle mounts done)
90​
90​
Finish building traction bar crossmember (Have parts)
90​
90​
Fuel system:
Mount fuel filter and connect remaining lines after welding spring hanger to frame
15​
15​
Cooling system:
Finish building mounting system for radiator (Griffin combo unit with radiator, shroud and fans)
60​
60​
Wire up electric fans
20​
20​
Install radiator hoses and fill system (need to buy hoses/parts for this)
45​
45​
Steering:
Drill and tap steering box for hydro assist
60​
60​
Plumb hydro assist lines from box to ram
60​
60​
Driveshafts:
Get front driveshaft lengthened
30​
30​
Install front driveshaft
10​
10​
Skid plate:
Fabricate a flat skid plate and install
120​
120​
Brakes:
Install 1 ton master cylinder
45​
45​
Install new brake lines at all four corners and to and on rear axle
120​
120​
Bleed system
5​
5​
Rear calipers might need replacement (they are old, standard 14 bolt swap kit stuff)
20​
20​
Tub/body:
Build new sheet metal floor around transfer case where cut for clearance due to raised TC
120​
120​
Seats:
Build seat mounts
120​
120​
Install seats
15​
15​
Build mounts for harnesses
120​
120​
Install harnesses
15​
15​
Exhaust system:
Build new exhaust system from header all the way back to clear front driveshaft (really need new header due to multiple cracks)
180​
180​
TOTAL
Y'all have some fine looking lists here. ( I LOVE lists!) DRKelly yours looks like WORD which I can do but don't want to spend the time. Matt, yours looks like a spreadsheet. I do mine on NOTES on my phone and then send to my email and then copy and paste to WORD.
I had a point here somewhere but I'm beat from work and cleaning up from these storms. Maybe it was about a list format you could share but that don't sound right. Anyway, nice lists! lol

Y'all have some fine looking lists here. ( I LOVE lists!) DRKelly yours looks like WORD which I can do but don't want to spend the time. Matt, yours looks like a spreadsheet. I do mine on NOTES on my phone and then send to my email and then copy and paste to WORD.
I had a point here somewhere but I'm beat from work and cleaning up from these storms. Maybe it was about a list format you could share but that don't sound right. Anyway, nice lists! lol
Yep, I used Word, but some of the formatting got dropped when I copy and pasted it in here. It looks like @jeepinmatt copy and pasted my stuff into Excel, but fuck Excel, and fuck power point.

Yep, I used Word, but some of the formatting got dropped when I copy and pasted it in here. It looks like @jeepinmatt copy and pasted my stuff into Excel, but fuck Excel, and fuck power point.

That video is hilarious, and I agree about PowerPoint. But how on God’s Green Earth can you like Word better than Excel? Word is like the terrible, disorganized version of Excel that tries to format everything for you (INCORRECTLY!!!) and can’t even do math! I can make an Excel doc do pretty much anything a word doc can, plus keep it organized, autofill columns, set consistent widths and heights, do math and if-then statements, and reference or display data or text from other cells, other sheets, or even other files.

That video is hilarious, and I agree about PowerPoint. But how on God’s Green Earth can you like Word better than Excel? Word is like the terrible, disorganized version of Excel that tries to format everything for you (INCORRECTLY!!!) and can’t even do math! I can make an Excel doc do pretty much anything a word doc can, plus keep it organized, autofill columns, set consistent widths and heights, do math and if-then statements, and reference or display data or text from other cells, other sheets, or even other files.
I was just joking about Excel and Powerpoint because of that video. I use both programs regularly. I don't really like Word either. The autoformatting is frustrating.

What are you guys talking about? Lol!

I wouldn't know how to start using any of these programs.

Post it notes for me😁

Back