Ever wake up with a song in your head?

Come a Little Bit Closer by Marty Robbins has been rattlin' around the cranium for a few weeks now.

This has been in the brain on repeat for about 3 days. I’m Stuck out of town and I tried to be good. Went to the gym. Went for a drive. Went to a park and walked (checks phone) 13,000 steps. Didn’t eat anything because - weight loss goals. Back at the hotel but not ready for sleep….there is a bourbon bar close and one drink never hurt anyone. My bartender Fran pours right. A nice Stagg jr.
3C404910-178C-4F0A-A1D4-F38B05E494AE.jpeg

Anyway as I walked in the place before I got up to the bar the song that’s been stuck for a week Was just starting. Seems like a sign, maybe someone is taking to me. Or maybe I’m just insane.

Never really processed the lyrics of this, but John Popper really throws some clever stuff in a song. I'm sorta living this right now and glad I have a song to keep me hopeful!

Not so much stuck in my head - but just heard this for the first time and it’s simple yet profound.
Tells the story so succinctly of so many southern towns in 3 minutes.
@CasterTroy will hate it’s musical stylings but the lyrics hit home

Not so much stuck in my head - but just heard this for the first time and it’s simple yet profound.
Tells the story so succinctly of so many southern towns in 3 minutes.
@CasterTroy will hate it’s musical stylings but the lyrics hit home

FB_IMG_1689761418484.jpg

Cant believe its been two months. No wonder this has been stuck in my head.

Wynn Varble is the writer - and he nails it. Austin is just a singer

@skyhighZJ @JSJJ388 and @Jody Treadway plus a few others like me will love the message...

Wynn Varble is the writer - and he nails it. Austin is just a singer

@skyhighZJ @JSJJ388 and @Jody Treadway plus a few others like me will love the message...

I love it.

But, at the same time between him, JA and a thousand other red dirt singers who have been singing it for years, what’s gonna get done about it? Nothing. It’s gross but even if someone stepped up and started JFK’ing these ass hats in mass it still wouldn’t make a difference. Cause 4 more would line up to take their place. Why? $$$$

Stuck in my head, mostly because everybody and their brother is playing it. Damn good song though.

I'm not a music person by any stretch. I haven't turned the radio on in my truck for at least a month. But there was a time in my life I was a pretty fair buffet fan during my footloose and fancy free college days. I remember once when he was in Raleigh, my friends and I couldn't get/afford tickets so we pooled our money and bought parking passes as close as we could get. Pretty sure that's the only time I've ever parked on pavement at Walnut creek. We heard every song and iirc (REAL foggy!) We could see the screen if we stood on the truck.

My wife's dad was a big time parrot head though. He died before we got together but my wife grew up with buffet on all the time, so it's on a lot at our house now. My boys know a lot of his songs. A few lines of Cheeseburger in paradise are sang literally every day here by someone. Been walking around in a fog since yesterday morning. We had thought we'd take the boys to see him next time he came to the creek. Rest easy sailor.

Now I've seen Heaven without dyin'
Met the Devil without tryin'
And they both seem to wanna talk to me
But I'm all outta luck now
And my dreams aren't worth a buck
How it's tough tryin' to land on my feet when

This game of life plays heavy on my heart and
Love is tough, but loneliness is twice as hard and
I'll carry that 'bout everywhere I go
And they say pressure makes diamonds, how the hell am I still coal

Once upon a time “he needed kilt” was a justifiable defense those times were better

Something I've noticed recently is a song will stay in my head for multiple days now where they use to only last 1-2. It will play over and over intermittently. Anyway, I've had this song in my head for several days now.

I've had this song playing off and on in my head for days.

Back