Hi-Lo Campers, etc.

One last bit of info... just got this reply directly from Thetford...

I would recommend our Aqua Kem Deodorant for the black water holding tank. If you are using it in the cassette holding tank I would say 2-4 oz. If you want to use it in the main holding tank of the RV and it is around 40 gallons I would use 8 oz. For the fresh water of the cassette it is small enough, I would recommend just changing the water frequently. If you want something to use in the fresh water holding tank of the RV, I would recommend our Fresh Water Tank Sanitizer. I hope this is of some help.

http://www.thetford.com/Home/Products/ChemicalsCleanersHome/AquaKemLiquidTossInsandDri/tabid/122/Default.aspx

http://www.thetford.com/Home/Products/ChemicalsCleanersHome/FreshWaterTankSanitizer/tabid/133/Default.aspx

Sincerely,
Consumer Service
Thetford Corp/Norcold Inc

Thought I would update this post by letting y'all know how Forest River's service is. While cleaning, etc. I found there was a small hole in the sink drain hose. It is a 1-1/4" pvc hose that has like a coil molded in it to keep it from kinking. Well, none of the dealers I talked to have this hose so I called Forest River who makes the Rockwoods, Flagstaffs, etc. They said they had it and I ordered 4 ft of it. That was on the 13th. I finally called today (30th) and they said they hadn't got to it yet. I told them just to forget about it and I would well remember the Forest River name should I ever be shopping for a new one. Now I am going out to tear the sink apart, fire up my lathe again and make a set of adapters that will fit a hose than can be bought at a normal hardware or home improvement store. Another company with piss-poor service! :shaking:

I just saw this thread. while i was in the rv biz most would say to stay away from the hi lo. which i see u did. had a lot of dealings with flagstaff and other manufacturers . most do not care, nor get in a hurry for shit. but I still like their campers. good choice don

Thought I would update this post by letting y'all know how Forest River's service is. While cleaning, etc. I found there was a small hole in the sink drain hose. It is a 1-1/4" pvc hose that has like a coil molded in it to keep it from kinking. Well, none of the dealers I talked to have this hose so I called Forest River who makes the Rockwoods, Flagstaffs, etc. They said they had it and I ordered 4 ft of it. That was on the 13th. I finally called today (30th) and they said they hadn't got to it yet. I told them just to forget about it and I would well remember the Forest River name should I ever be shopping for a new one. Now I am going out to tear the sink apart, fire up my lathe again and make a set of adapters that will fit a hose than can be bought at a normal hardware or home improvement store. Another company with piss-poor service! :shaking:
Welcome to the wonderful world of camper ownership

I got it fixed... and saved myself some cash. I bought 4 ft of 3/4" plastic hose and a few PVC fittings ($8 worth). Then fired up the lathe and made the parts fit. A little glue and as far as I am concerned it's a lot better, and simpler, than it was from the factory. If anything wears out on it, Lowes has the parts to fix it. :)

Back