Mechanical fuel pump

mbalbritton

#@$%!
Pretty sure the new mech fuel pump on the 258 shot the bed. No fuel to carb, no fuel after regulator, no fuel after filter and fuel weeping from weep hole on side of pump.

I have a whopping 2.5-3hrs run time on this pump. Other than cheap china parts, what would cause a pump failure? Is there potential for something in my set up causing a failure of the pump?

New fuel pump and it’s running.

So either a new pump with about 3-4 hours on it failed from defect. Or, an issue in my system caused the failure.

I’m ruling out vapor lock, unless someone has info on fuel puking from weep hole on pump due to vapor lock, or that being the cause.

New fuel pump and it’s running.

So either a new pump with about 3-4 hours on it failed from defect. Or, an issue in my system caused the failure.

I’m ruling out vapor lock, unless someone has info on fuel puking from weep hole on pump due to vapor lock, or that being the cause.
Hope you got warranty replacement on it! I put a new one on my rebuilt 360 & it's working fine. Old pump was working fine at about 160,000 miles & 43 years!

with the issue you had with the blocked return I am surprised is lasted as long as it did.

Back