Propane and turbo on a V6?

Down&Dirty

Since I have been here lurking and reading threads, I have come across some propane enthusiasts threads here. I am getting ready to start a new project and in an effort to keep the weight done I was thinking about a V6. I am going to start the project with the modified class in mind so if I decide to compete I can. So the question to you all is, what am I looking at to run propane on a turbo charged V6? I know the general parts, but I am having trouble finding any info on the sizes that I need. I have access to two old forklifts both with IMPCO model E's on 4 cyl engines, but with my luck I will need something bigger for my project. A 4 cyl just won't give me the power I think I will need to really be a competitor.

Model E is the converter...snag that.

Impco425 is prolly what you want for a mixer, I bet it could work pretty good in a draw-through config..

http://fuelsforum.rasoenterprises.com has some knowledgable folks on it, too..

But FWIW, I believe a LS1 is lighter than a 4.3 V6... 'course, so are those shortstars that are all the rage..

I will grab the two just in case. I just need to convince the guy to let me cherry pick his forklift graveyard. He was going to burry them complete to fill a hole, so I don't think it will be a problem. I can't see what other parts are on there until I start to break them apart. I am hoping that they both have the 425 on there. I am also going to try to grab all the hydralics that I can.

I doubt it has the 425, but worth a look see. If it's free, get it, someone else may be able to use it. Get the hold downs for the tank, they will be very usefull. I am sure if he plans on burying it, he has drained all the oil out of the engine and hydro???

if i can get ahold of some of that stuff before he burries it that would be sweet. ill even pay for it :D

I will be over there on monday and will check it all out. I know he hasn't drained anything yet. He picked them up a while back, but he has been working his tail off so they are sitting behind the shop. I doubt the 425 too, but it is worth a look.

Looks like I wil be able to salvage everything I want. No side shift hydros, but the rest is game. I hate to kill everyones thoughts, but I am sure I can find a use for all of it. I just have to get the axle swaps done, and all the other fab done so I have the time to pull parts. Of course, now I have to help dispose of the rest of the parts that I don't want. But I am getting all the hydros, propane, and misc stuff I can. Whatever I can't use I will put up here for the rest.

Back