Whats the biggest trailor you have towed??

DOUGHBOYDD2500HD

At what point do you say enough is enough and too much is too much.:confused: What would you feel safe towing? I used to have a 18 foot trailor and my friend has a 30 foot trailer. I think thats too much. 18 was nice for 1 jeep but i guess 24 is not enough for 2 huh?? Any imput pics and ideas and opinions would be great. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!:D

30 is bout right to haul two at a time. Two full size Jeeps will not fit on my trailer (without removing rear mounted spare and smaller tires). I haul 24' horse trailer, 26' cattle trailer, and 23' car trailer weekly. None of these are difficult to drive on most streets.

This one time.....

Attachments

• roadtrain2.jpg
    roadtrain2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 578
With the Dodge... this 32'er. Could get away with a 28', but this towed very nicely to TX and back.

Towed weight was ~13,000lbs..give or take.

For you, a jet ski is too much. :flipoff2:

Attachments

• 32foot.jpg
    32foot.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 575
34' camper 7500-8000lbs loaded. Made one trip with it behind a 1/2ton Suburban and damn near lost it going it to Conway S.C. when a box truck passed me. I got home and sold my CJ to buy my gas hog dually.

2 different occasions driving wrecker,

Wrecker was a '94 GMC 3500HD long WB dual 9k Ramseys

pulled an F350 Crewcab PSD pulling a 35' drop deck goose with 2 Johnny poppers 18 miles into and thru town to Ford dealership when the trans fragged.

second trip was a dead 26' Uhaul truck (just like Yagers) loaded pulling a loaded car trailer 15 miles into town to the Uhaul Center (renter had just filled up and got about 5 mile before the injection pump puked from running gasoline)

both loads lot's o fun

34" 4 horse slant with living quarters. Gore, steel frame, alloy body. Weighed in at 11.5K loaded. Pain in the ass. Got side swiped by a Durham cop while I was sitting at the light before the track on 98 heading to 70. That was fun. 6 hours to go, stuck in traffic and I get hit by a cop. Nice way to fire off a weeks vacation in the mountians with the horses. :lol: I heard the cop car had 6K damage, the horse trail had a lousy 1400. 1 running board and a fender on the right side. I did like the look on the cops face though.

The 32 foot is just right for me. My 52 Chevy pickup and 72 Monte Carlo (not what is pictured below) were a tight but comfortable fit on it this past weekend.
But if I'm just hauling one, I have an 18-foot car trailer that is much easier to maneuver in parking lots, etc. I try not to stop much when I have the 32-foot, just stay on the road to where I'm going.

Attachments

• gooseneck.jpg
    gooseneck.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 477
Have pulled a 30' goose deckover tri-axle loaded pretty heavy for a guy one time (he had a broken leg), and a 30 something foot enclosed goose at work. Enclosed trailers suck because you can't see anything (and I don't pull much so I am not used to it).

As for what I tow my truck on, it is a 6x12 tandem axle. I have to drive over the fenders, and I made the deck wider with some 3x3 angle (so it is 84"). I love it, very easy to maneuver, sits high enough it doesn't drag (not once down Trail 1 and Trail 5 at Tellico), and is JUST long enough to fit the truck on. Plus, it is pretty lightweight (but strong, 3x3 box tube frame, aluminum deck). Best of all, it was free (and IS mine)

Baby On Board!!

I pulled my 15 month old daughter up and down the driveway in her Radio Flyer this evening.

That beats any Jeep trip I've ever taken hands down!!

Kids are Great!!

:cool:

When I used to drive a tow truck, I was driving a Peterbuilt tow truck and had to haul a Kenworth with a 53' trailer back to the company's own shop in Boston MA from lower Manhatten

When I used to drive a tow truck, I was driving a Peterbuilt tow truck and had to haul a Kenworth with a 53' trailer back to the company's own shop in Boston MA from lower Manhatten

maybe things changed, maybe I'm just wrong, but i thought 53 footers weren't allowed in the commonwealth of MA

Ill be pulling a 33', 7400lb camper with my lifted wrangler, 95" wheelbase, this coming weekend. Granted, I will just be pulling it up the gravel road onto our land in the mountains, and positioning it.

Ill be pulling a 33', 7400lb camper with my lifted wrangler, 95" wheelbase, this coming weekend. Granted, I will just be pulling it up the gravel road onto our land in the mountains, and positioning it.

uh...wow...any turns on this road ("in the mountains") That is 3x the weight limit BEFORE you lifted the wrangler!!

if you have access to some other rig, the life it saves might just be your own??? I cannot imagine that in a turn on a gravel road, no trailer brakes...

At the very least, have someone follow in a car with a video camera, make yourself famous on youtube when it pushes you off the cliff? :flipoff2:

Sam...uh, towed 8-10k with the Excursion is about it...Hinton

It has trailer brakes and it will just be pulling it up our driveway, slightly uphill the whole way.

Back