00 WJ 4.0 O2 Sensors

NickMaul

Fellas,

I thought I’d bring my problems here since I am a Jeep noob. My DD WJ 4.0 threw a CEL for

b254542d60d67c446c503a7707b9d0ac.jpg

I went and bought 4 new O2 sensors since my Jeep has full retard California emissions.

I replace all four. Pull the cable on the battery to reset the CEL. I don’t recall what my O2 sensor were reading before, but this doesn’t seem right to me after replacing all four sensors (cruising 70 mph on the interstate.

e267bef946f1cc705f29ea74ca72edb3.jpg

5bfc9ba703b8c4eedf2db528330ec333.jpg

The downstream sensor shouldn’t be jumping around right?

I also noticed the wiring harness to one of the downstream plugs is stripped and the wiring is exposed. I think I need to fix that.

When my app does a scan it tells me this
c49cb4197496e711949cf1486d9e3c70.jpg

Did the precats take a dump or does all seem well? (No current CEL) I drive 50 miles a day so I don’t want the ECM to be all out of wack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the downstream O2 sensor is flunctuating, you either have an exhaust leak between the sensor and cat or the cat itself is failed.
The flunctating signal indicates the outgoing exhaust is similar in condition to the incoming exhaust

If the downstream O2 sensor is flunctuating, you either have an exhaust leak between the sensor and cat or the cat itself is failed.
The flunctating signal indicates the outgoing exhaust is similar in condition to the incoming exhaust

Thanks Jody. I need to confirm which graph line is downstream Vs upstream. I currently have no CEL on but I’ll keep an eye on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back