01 F250 tranny problems

Franklin

Backing the cattle trailer in last night, lost reverse. No sounds, pops, nothing. OD light flashing, does not want to shift in and out of 4x4 easily. Fluid smells/looks burnt was changed 15k ago. Truck only has 50k on it. WTF.

What is the name of that high end tranny place w/ the 100k warranty? :mad:

It damn sure isn't ATS... I can explain thoroughly how they can void their warranty at will, or how normal damage will void it too..

same thing most people with the PSD in front of a 4r100 worry about .... be happy it was at home and not on the highway.... I keep waiting for somone to make a swap kit to put in an 1000 series allison :)

yager said:
same thing most people with the PSD in front of a 4r100 worry about .... be happy it was at home and not on the highway.... I keep waiting for somone to make a swap kit to put in an 1000 series allison :)

True. We have a hunting trip to Canada in Oct. so we are kinda happy it went out now :lol:

$$$ wont be a concern just want something to not worry about. We did a ZF swap in my Bronc I wonder if we could swap a 6sp in?

Happy DTT customer here... I can drive it just about however the hell I want, and throw up to 400(rw)hp at it...

What I am not allowed to do without the billet input shaft upgrade:
Tow over 12,000lbs
use an exhaust brake
Powerbrake over 5psi boost in 4wd
crank the engine over 400hp (which really means 1000-ish ft-lbs)

Other than that, 2 year, unlimited milage parts warranty, 1 year/unlimited mileage parts AND labor. And unlike ATS, they don't void theirs if the tranny takes out the TC...

A well-built auto is a pleasure to drive... and works very well with a turbo.

jump right to the big boy, get a factory tech monster box.....give me a call when your ready to buy one (shameless self plug). I should have one in my psd soon.

Well knowing people at the Ford dealer paid off. GREAT deal on a new one, I mean GRREEAATTTT, ordered a MagHytec cooler and gauge pod for the temp. 3/36 warranty included.

I doubt this thing will ever get modified until I buy it. Just an ole guy pulling cattle to the sale every week, camper every blue moon.

Franklin said:
Well knowing people at the Ford dealer paid off. GREAT deal on a new one, I mean GRREEAATTTT, ordered a MagHytec cooler and gauge pod for the temp. 3/36 warranty included.

I doubt this thing will ever get modified until I buy it. Just an ole guy pulling cattle to the sale every week, camper every blue moon.

I bet you will be surprised at how hot things can get once you get a real gauge on there.
The factory gauge won't show even close to hot until the tranny is past 210 or so and then it's almost too late.
The tranny guy your looking at is BTS. Do a search you will find him.

S.

Back