01 F250 tranny problems

Discussion in 'Tow Rigs and Trailers' started by Franklin, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Franklin

Franklin Well-Known Member

Backing the cattle trailer in last night, lost reverse. No sounds, pops, nothing. OD light flashing, does not want to shift in and out of 4x4 easily. Fluid smells/looks burnt was changed 15k ago. Truck only has 50k on it. WTF.

What is the name of that high end tranny place w/ the 100k warranty? :mad:

2. Rich

Rich Asshole at large

It damn sure isn't ATS... I can explain thoroughly how they can void their warranty at will, or how normal damage will void it too..

3. yager

yager Better Faster Stronger

same thing most people with the PSD in front of a 4r100 worry about .... be happy it was at home and not on the highway.... I keep waiting for somone to make a swap kit to put in an 1000 series allison :)

4. Franklin

True. We have a hunting trip to Canada in Oct. so we are kinda happy it went out now :lol:

$$$ wont be a concern just want something to not worry about. We did a ZF swap in my Bronc I wonder if we could swap a 6sp in?

5. Rich

Rich Asshole at large

Happy DTT customer here... I can drive it just about however the hell I want, and throw up to 400(rw)hp at it...

What I am not allowed to do without the billet input shaft upgrade:
    Tow over 12,000lbs
    use an exhaust brake
    Powerbrake over 5psi boost in 4wd
    crank the engine over 400hp (which really means 1000-ish ft-lbs)

Other than that, 2 year, unlimited milage parts warranty, 1 year/unlimited mileage parts AND labor. And unlike ATS, they don't void theirs if the tranny takes out the TC...

A well-built auto is a pleasure to drive... and works very well with a turbo.

6. StudNuts

StudNuts Well-Known Member

jump right to the big boy, get a factory tech monster box.....give me a call when your ready to buy one (shameless self plug). I should have one in my psd soon.

7. Franklin

Well knowing people at the Ford dealer paid off. GREAT deal on a new one, I mean GRREEAATTTT, ordered a MagHytec cooler and gauge pod for the temp. 3/36 warranty included.

I doubt this thing will ever get modified until I buy it. Just an ole guy pulling cattle to the sale every week, camper every blue moon.

8. Gofer

Gofer Well-Known Member

I bet you will be surprised at how hot things can get once you get a real gauge on there.
    The factory gauge won't show even close to hot until the tranny is past 210 or so and then it's almost too late.
    The tranny guy your looking at is BTS. Do a search you will find him.

S.

9. BlueRidgeRunner

BlueRidgeRunner Well-Known Member

Good piece of advice is use 4x4 low when backing a heavy trailer up hill. :)

10. Shannon

Shannon Well-Known Member

Brian's Truck Shop in Leadville, AR.

www.brianstruckshop.com. Simply the best Ford tranny out there. No HP restrictions, no chip restrictions, etc. Read about him on www.thedieselstop.com. Will cost you a bit, but totally worth it.

Shannon