05-06 dodge rams?

badboysbailagnt

Hey guys im thinking about buyin a dodge ram. I like the looks of the duallys alot but my understanding there not worth anything in the snow so correct me if im wrong. And if i go with a single rear tire i kinda want to go with the 22.5 inch rims and "dump truck tires" 425/80/22.5 Any ideas

So WHY exactly are you wanting a dually?

Do you have a load over 10500 lbs?

Do you need the stability of dual rear wheels because of using a gooseneck trailer with a high COG?

or is it just because you like the LOOKS of a dually

As for the 22.5 PERSONALLY I think that is just ghey as hell

lariat1.jpg

22.5%20chevy.jpg

But apparently it can be done with single rear axles

kris4.jpg

Again

Ghey as hell

I did a quick search trying to find the size tire you wanted for the 22.5 inch rims and never found that exact size. The closest thing i found weighed in at 202 lbs per tire, and that doesn't include the rim. I would think that you would be looking at a very noticeable power difference with that much unsprung weight. The increase in stopping distance would also be scary i would think. Tires in that size also are going to be so incredibly hard that the truck might as well be riding on the rims. A 16 ply tire is going to suck on an 8000lb truck.

Its your money and your decision, but the downsides greatly outweigh the cool looks to me. If you need the big tires and rims, just go with some normal 20s or 22s with some toyo mud terrains. Its not my thing, but it would be a lot better than the 22.5s

cumminsdzl said:
Tires in that size also are going to be so incredibly hard that the truck might as well be riding on the rims.

Truck tires of the 22.5 caliber are made to go 100,000 miles and are indeed hard as nails, PLUS they require over 100psi in each tire

:gay:

Isnt there a "dump truck" rim and tire combo that isnt quite that big? I was on the ford lot today and there was an F-450 with a heavy truck style rim that looked pretty good. Not neerly as big as blingish as the ones in the pictures above. I think the white Ford at the bottom looks pretty good personaly.

F450's have 19.5" wheels, which do look pretty darn good on a near-stock height truck...

Rich said:
F450's have 19.5" wheels, which do look pretty darn good on a near-stock height truck...
Rich, i think some black 19.5s would look sweet on your truck with the ranchhand on there. Come on man, its just money.:smokin:

cumminsdzl said:
Rich, i think some black 19.5s would look sweet on your truck with the ranchhand on there. Come on man, its just money.:smokin:
I agree... so when you bringing 'em over, buddy? :D

I'm very hesitant to add any more rotating mass to more quickly wear out the ball joints, wheel bearings, etc.. on the front of that thing. Those 19.5" tires are HEAVY! (and stiff, and therefore would ride like ass)

I'm buttering up the Misses for my hybrid turbo and some DDP Stage4 injectors... :D

how many times has it snowed this year.................

I love NC/ southerners who talk about driving in snow and they need fourwheel drive. it doesn't snow here people. You buy a damn dually to work and tow big heavy unstable shit. Not to tool around in the snow and look cool. Unfortunatly the peole who actually need to work with dually's can't even afford the nice ones. Out of all the pictures posted not one of those damn trucks has seen a day of work. 22's 19's. Slap some damn load E tires on your shit and hook it up to something and pull it. Stop washing it and putting chrome bling on it. Rant over.

Well, it's obvious you aren't originally from around here...

either. :lol:

Cperry said:
Out of all the pictures posted not one of those damn trucks has seen a day of work.

I guess you missed the irony intended with the posting of those pictures. The intent was to show how stupid they are

Hey guys i love the look of a dually and the most i will pull is a 24 foot car trailer with a 2500 pound car in it. So i know i dont really need a dually. I have been to this site www.duallyusa.com Those 24inch rims on the duallys sure look nice to me

Back