08 kingquad no start

tacomatrd00

08 suzuki king quad 750 Rode it saturday morning to go hunting and rode it back home. Used it around the yard for most of the day then it shut off. It was low on gas so i took it to the store and filled it up. I have spark and fuel also tried starting fluid. I have cleaned the plug and checked for gound and all fuses. It only tried to start one time but most of the time it just spins over. It sounds like it has compression. I am out of ideas

just read it again it wont run on starter fluid so its not a fuel problem I would try a new plug clean the air filter and go from there

Sure its getting fire?I have an 05 700 and the cdi went bad.Turns out alot off them went bad.The 750,I think has the same box.Just a thought.Also you should check for a blown fuse.They are under the seat.Also turn your key on and listen to see if the fuel pump primes up.

I have checked all fuses, the fuel pump is running, and its fuel injected( i can see the injector spraying in throttle body). I was going to get a new plug and try that, i pulled the plug and held it against a ground and it had a strong blue spark.

I also jumped the pins of the service connector to put it in dealer mode, no codes stored and throttle position sensor was reading correctly.

You got fire and fuel it should run.The only thing that could stop it,with the fire and fuel,could be low compression.An 08 shouldn't be worn any.The cdi could still be firing at the wrong time.I work on alot of quads and bikes and it sounds like you got a real brainbuster.Retrace your steps and go over everything again.So time the most simple thing will be over looked.

08 suzuki king quad 750 Rode it saturday morning to go hunting and rode it back home. Used it around the yard for most of the day then it shut off. It was low on gas so i took it to the store and filled it up. I have spark and fuel also tried starting fluid. I have cleaned the plug and checked for gound and all fuses. It only tried to start one time but most of the time it just spins over. It sounds like it has compression. I am out of ideas

Stupid question but did you put the correct fuel in? Deisel instead of gas? Gas instead of diesel? Kerosene? I ask to elliminate the obvious and because I have seen it happen. Good luck.

well got the quad to the shop, they said the UNI air filter(high airflo filter) that they sold me when i bought it is not letting enough air into my engine. Therefore it is fouling out the spark plug. They changed the plug and suggest me going back to my factory air cleaner after they got me for the $55 high air flow air cleaner. My battery was dead when i delivered it from trying to start it so they said they put a battery in for $113, i told them to remove the battery i'll get my own. They have yet to tell me a final cost??????????

Back