1/2 ton tires

Discussion in 'Tow Rigs and Trailers' started by RoundLights, Oct 7, 2005.

1. RoundLights

RoundLights New Member

I have a 97 chevy extra cab 2wd and was looking for some input on which tires to get. I'm torn between Michelin LTX and Brigeston dueller REVO.I am leaning towards the revo because I tow a trailer in the dirt every week and they look like they will be better there.
    Anyone have any experience with either one?

My next question is what load range should I get? I load my truck up every weekend with an atv in the bed and 2 on a trailer, plus gear and 4 people in the truck for highway road trips. Granted this isn't a lot of weight to you guys but I don't know which tires to get. The ATV's are big utilities which weigh around #700 each.

Thanks,
    Keith

2. RoundLights

RoundLights New Member

Well I purchased the REVO's and love them. Compared to the old tiger paws the truck feels like it has a new tighter suspension. Road characteristics are excellent.

3. StudNuts

StudNuts Well-Known Member

Ive got the Revo2s. They are not bad, good offroad traction for a allterrain street tire. Ride smooth and quiet. Get the load range D.

4. SHINTON

SHINTON Well-Known Member

Just from my limited reading on the Diesel boards, they all seem to love the REVO... they are running load range E... just a fyi. My buddy has a 3/4 ton and just put a set on and LOVES THEM.

(I am torn between them and BFG A/Ts myself in a range D)

Sam

5. Jp9519

Jp9519 Well-Known Member

Both are great tires and last a long time. D class tires would be enough for no more weight than you are hauling. All the diesel guys run E's is because most are pulling a heavy load(9,000lbs or more) and D's dont last very long on something loaded that heavy.