1/8" aluminum (4x8 sheets)

Tacoma747

Just FYI, Atlantic scrap in Winston-Salem has quite a few (maybe 20) 4x8 sheets of 1/8" thick Aluminum. It has some minor oxidation on it, but nothing some scotch brite wouldn't take care of. Ends up being about $90/sheet. That is about $35 cheaper than the cheapest place I can get it through work.

They are located off of Akron Drive, visible from highway 52.

And FishHunt has had 3x12" sheets of the same stuff available for a little less for months now, ya big dummy.. :huggy:

Wow! Anyone else from Raleigh interested? I need a sheet for a roof!

Be careful if you use it for residential roofing. Metal that it touches needs to be aluminum also or it'll oxidize and corrode.
Also, I don't think it can be in direct contact with pressure treated lumber, but I may be wrong on that one.

Be careful if you use it for residential roofing. Metal that it touches needs to be aluminum also or it'll oxidize and corrode.
Also, I don't think it can be in direct contact with pressure treated lumber, but I may be wrong on that one.

What's code for using aluminum for a roof on my '74 Bronco? :fuck-you: :lol: Was thinking more for weight advantage by using aluminum. The only thing to hit it hopefully will be tree limbs. Unless someone is throwing rock in the air? Or should I go sheet metal? My width requires 4' or I'd have to rivot 2 pieces together forming potential leaks. also considered canvas heavily soaked in lindseed oil but that's a little heavy. I have a full cage going all the way to the back so 8' would be nice. Also, aluminum would not soak in the sun on those hot wheelin' days like metal. Then again after all considerations, the canvas would work as well as aluminum and cheaper? The lindseed oil makes it super HD.
What's anyone else use for a permanant top over open sides? My stock top weighs in around 200# so it's out.

What's anyone else use for a permanant top over open sides? My stock top weighs in around 200# so it's out.

.120" aluminum. Awesome on sunny days to keep the heat out (This was taken in Central TX) Also to help keep intrustions out when I roll. It's riveted in place, with foam weatherstripping sandwiched between it and the cage to prevent rattling. I also used clear silicone, but I think that was overkill.

picture%20063_jpg.jpg

Very steep downhill. Notice no bulge out of the rear tires? no weight on them.

Ask anyone who's been to Katemcy about the Looney Tunes trail..

If the rears didn't pick up two or three times, it's not steep. :flipoff2:

Back