102 years old…

Drunktaco

Señor Member
My great grandmother is about to be 102 years old October 29th. It’s a blessing and a curse in a way.

It’s a blessing in that we’ve had so much time with her and her siblings even. Her brother, the last sibling, passed away in February, he would’ve been 100 in August, WWII vet. Her last sister passed away a couple years ago, a little before her 103rd birthday. She’s lost others along the way leaving her the last one. She’s lost her husband, friends, and her mind. The curse…

Although her son and daughter are still around, (Betty, her daughter/my grandmother) takes care of her, and her son (never married/no kids), tries to help out to; with her mind slipping, birthdays and holidays are rough because she knows there was more people but she don’t understand anymore what’s happened over the years and why they’re not there.

She is an amazing woman, and has been through more than many could ever imagine.

On what’s possibly her last (memorable) birthday, would anyone like to send her a card or Betty a thank you card?

The toll it takes on someone to take care of someone like that, and the depression that comes with the confusion and not knowing how old you actually are and why your friends and some family aren’t there anymore is unimaginable in a way.

I just thought maybe a few of y’all would like to be involved in making an old woman’s birthday be magical again.

If anyone would like to send a letter or card or something let me know.
C0ACCF93-12E5-4AD1-85D0-ED08F77BDBAA.jpeg

That would be her trying to scare us by telling our favorite childhood story, Hansel and Gretel, imitating the witch.

Everyone loves hand made cards from kids, and my kids love doing it. Let me know where to have them send it. It may come early so it can be held on to until time. That happens to be my sons birthday as well.

I would definitely be interested in sending her a card or something to help her enjoy her Birthday...it's so sad to see someone's mind go while their body is still going. It's great to see you being involved and concerned to help her try to have a great day!

PM me her and her daughter’s/son’s addresses please

Family members that old are real treasures.
It just blows my mind how much they have seen the world change. As a kid I was always so bored by the "when I was a kid" stories or a grandparent.
Now I'm fascinated by them.

It just blows my mind how much they have seen the world change. As a kid I was always so bored by the "when I was a kid" stories or a grandparent.
Now I'm fascinated by them.
Same. I wish I had known more than just one grandparent. My grandma was the only one. She was unbelievably sharp til her last days.

I know haven’t been vocal on here in a bit, but life’s been going on. It happened, today at 13:00, Mamaw went to be with all her brothers and sisters, and her husband that she hasn’t seen in 35 years. She left this world and life to go to the next.

She was an amazing woman and she will be dearly missed, but she is no longer in pain and laying in misery. 102 years old, and lived in the same house for 78 years or so, that alone is something many people will never see.

Make sure you talk to those you care about and love, tell them you love them, none of us are guaranteed another minute and may never get another chance to say it sometimes.

My step grandfather died at 89 and spent about the last 20 years of his life mentally sharp but physically unable to do much of anything.He farmed most of his life and was one of those old guys we all know that still wanted to work but their body wouldn't let em.Im sure at some point,before the end,he went to bed at night just hopin he wouldn't wake up the next morning.The 28th was the 3 year anniv of my Mammaw dying so I can relate to what your feelin but I gotta think at some point,for some people,living is worse than dying

Back