1958 Chevrolet Viking 40

89xjnc

Ran across this old truck local to home and may be able to buy it. I’m not sure what it’s really worth and can’t find anything for sale to compare it to anywhere. So I thought I would try on here. 1958 Chevrolet Viking 40 wrecker. Truck has 283 sbc and a straight gear transmission. Owner said truck was drove to where it is currently parked around 20 years ago. Also claimed that the bed was in working condition as well. It has some rust starting in the bottom of the doors and rockers. Also has the title to it. So the big question is, what do y’all think this is worth?
A08575B2-D028-4940-8425-49BC89D1B95C.jpeg

714811BC-5C5D-4369-9A1A-9D82E7BC9EFD.jpeg

I'd be happy getting it for somewhere between 500 to 1500. Just me, but if I was looking for a restorable 50's viking, I'd go up to 3k or so, if I really wanted it (and it has a solid frame, etc) and the owner needed convincing to part with it. Will still be the cheapest part of a restoration.

There are other Vikings out there....but a wrecker, that's mostly intact...how much are you willing to pay to have it? Depends how bad you want it, and what constitutes "big" money to you.

Not the same but I just picked up a 56 3100 big window for 1000. Little rough so rat rod material. A few months ago saw a 6400 for $3500. Cali truck iirc. That was a dealer also. I think kaiser Is on the money here

*Update* I spoke to the owner again and he finally gave me a price of $2500 and said he will not take any less. From what y’all are saying that’s probably about top dollar for it. Not sure if I will fool with it at that price. @Ron if I decide not to get it and you are interested at that price I will get you in touch with the owner

let me know...thats absolute top dollar imho.

But there may be a few things there that we cant otherwise source and given the nature of Lane's build...might make emotional if not financial sense..

Back