1978 J10 Golden Eagle on 43's

NCJeeplover

This is a build from @BUCKEYE PERFORMANCE INC. from back in the day. Truck has been all over the southeast and wheeled with the best of them. I bought it a couple years ago and just don't wheel it anymore. I would rather it pass onto someone that will wheel it like it needs.

1978 J10
Stock 360 with custom tuned GM TBI
Stock T18
Stock D20 with JB twin sticks
Olivers .250 wall rear driveshaft
Dana 60 front axle with 5.13 gears, spartan locker, 35 spline Foote stub shafts, one chromoly inner, forged spicer joints, Yukon locking hubs, behind the axle high steer with hydro assist and diff cover
14 bolt with 5.13 gears, detriot locker, disk brake kit, custom 13 bolt shave cover, and pinion support
43" sx tires on Raceline beadlocks
Front suspension is waggy leafsprings with custom slider boxes and worn out rough country shocks
Rear suspension is 4 link with coil springs
It has built in cooler mount, toolbox and spare tire storage

I have lots of spare parts and the factory doors that could go back on with very little work. Truck is ready to wheel.

$9,000

Fun fact, the truck has less that 40k original miles.

Attachments

• IMG_2095.jpeg
    IMG_2095.jpeg
    280.9 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_2096.jpeg
    IMG_2096.jpeg
    222.1 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_2097.jpeg
    IMG_2097.jpeg
    217.2 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_2098.jpeg
    IMG_2098.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_2099.jpeg
    IMG_2099.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 438
  • IMG_2100.jpeg
    IMG_2100.jpeg
    192.1 KB · Views: 424
  • IMG_2101.jpeg
    IMG_2101.jpeg
    181.2 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_2102.jpeg
    IMG_2102.jpeg
    240.4 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_2103.jpeg
    IMG_2103.jpeg
    258.7 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_2104.jpeg
    IMG_2104.jpeg
    254.2 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_2105.jpeg
    IMG_2105.jpeg
    243.8 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_2106.jpeg
    IMG_2106.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_2108.jpeg
    IMG_2108.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:
I have often wondered where this truck went to. I have wheeled with Chris (the builder) a bunch with this truck, and it performs very well. Back when we were pretty much built the same (wheel base and leaf springs (I'm linked now and stretched) It went every where I did. It did have an old off brand winch on it, that Chris had did some work to that ran so dang quiet and smooth! Slow, but never faltered.
Not sure of it's status now, but it did used to be street legal too. It used to double as an ice cream go getter, on a Sunday afternoon

I have often wondered where this truck went to. I have wheeled with Chris (the builder) a bunch with this truck, and it performs very well. Back when we were pretty much built the same (wheel base and leaf springs (I'm linked now and stretched) It went every where I did. It did have an old off brand winch on it, that Chris had did some work to that ran so dang quiet and smooth! Slow, but never faltered.
Not sure of it's status now, but it did used to be street legal too. It used to double as an ice cream go getter, on a Sunday afternoon
Chris sold it to Mike Brooks (@HAPPY) and he wheeled it for a while. Then he had Chris 4 link the rear and sold it to Kenny Gillespie (@GOAT) who wheeled it all over the southeast for years and I got it from him.

It had a Smittybilt 10k winch on it but it burned up not too long ago.

It has everything needed to be street legal but I never really drove it on the road because its always been on unbalanced 42's or 43's. It wouldn't take much for it to be a decent driver. It also could be an Ultimate Adventure style rig. Chris always claimed the A/C would work if charged.

Last edited:
Chris sold it to Mike Brooks (@HAPPY) and he wheeled it for a while. Then he had Chris 4 link the rear and sold it to Kenny Gillespie (@GOAT) who wheeled it all over the southeast for years and I got it from him.

It had a Smittybilt 10k winch on it but it burned up not too long ago.

It has everything needed to be street legal but I never really drove it on the road because its always been on unbalanced 42's or 43's. It wouldn't take much for it to be a decent driver. It also could be an Ultimate Adventure style rig. Chris always claimed the A/C would work if charged.
Oh I didn't know Kenny sold his rig. I've wheeled the flats with this rig then. Damn I wish I could buy it. Solid rig.

Lol, I looked at it for sure. Not ready to pull the trigger.

Back