1986 cj7 build

jjdgldaz

Hey guys building a 86 cj. Put a Holley sniper edition on it and ran into a issue. I can’t get full throttle out of it I run out of pedal and only get 44 percent according to the holly sniper tpms. Thoughts?

1A8BC8E8-D4B0-4BB6-A68E-50A4C98BC04E.jpeg

So update made a linkage and now looking new throttle cable currently seeing 65-70 at the tpms hopefully that gets above 70 I think that was what holly wanted to see

New cable still same result. Modified existing cable mounting point to move the linkage further. Now seeing above 85 percent had to drop one of the throttle return springs off to tight. Will update as the project continues

New cable still same result. Modified existing cable mounting point to move the linkage further. Now seeing above 85 percent had to drop one of the throttle return springs off to tight. Will update as the project continues
If you disconnect the linkage from the throttle body, can you get them to fully open? If not, why not?

Mirroring what @paradisePWoffrd said... If you remove the linkage/cable from the throttle body and turn the throttle by hand, can you get it to fully open? The pedal itself could be hitting the floor before the throttle fully opens. I had that issue with my CJ when I swapped an EFI setup on it. It sounds a little hack, but I bent the throttle pedal at the pivot (where it bolts to the firewall) a little farther so I could get WOT.

Back