1991 NISSAN TRUCK FUEL PROBLEMS

SKULLZZ

Dropped tank and pulled fuel pump module,cleaned gunk out of unit,tested pump itself with hotwire,pump works fine.Checked power at fuel pump connection pigtail dis-connect.Power only on one of a 3 prong connection.I would think with a triple connector there would be power on the other prongs also?Although they may only receive power from the cpu at certain times.Replaced fuel pump relay no help,checked all under dash fuses all good,damn stumped,dont know where to go now,replace cpu?anything I have missed?Any help would be greatly appreciated!

welll....3 prong would most likely be prime,pump, and ground. Only one wire will have power until the computer it needs the regular pumping action to run.

Thanks Man......I'll do some more checking,trying to keep from buying that expensive ass fuel pump complete module assembly...times are hard

Still fightin this little F***** if it only knew how close it is to the crusher! ok....update..got a yard tank with fuel pump inside,installed everything works gettin gas to filter at engine,but will not crank and run on its own,it will struggle to run on either,so here is my question...do I need to bleed/clean injectors (the old tank was damned nasty) or possible problem in TB ? Where are you XXX in need your expertise!

Back