1994 ZJ pressure in gas tank

JSJJ388

GREEN GREMLIN
So after driving my jeep friday, I get home and there is a loud hiss at the front of the jeep, drivers side. Its coming from the line that went to the charcoal canister. So I open the gas cap and there is a lot of pressure in the tank. To the point that it was noticeably difficult to turn the gas cap. What would cause this? Is there a vent somewhere that is clogged? This was after 1.5 hrs of driving both highway and backroads.

So after driving my jeep friday, I get home and there is a loud hiss at the front of the jeep, drivers side. Its coming from the line that went to the charcoal canister. So I open the gas cap and there is a lot of pressure in the tank. To the point that it was noticeably difficult to turn the gas cap. What would cause this? Is there a vent somewhere that is clogged? This was after 1.5 hrs of driving both highway and backroads.

The charcoal canister was the vent. If you just removed it and left the hoses open either mud or mud daubers or other inscects got in it and plugged it.

If you capped the hoses there's your problem. Leave the hose to the back open but put a fuel filter or a ricer crankcase breather filter on the line to keep crap out.

The charcoal canister was the vent. If you just removed it and left the hoses open either mud or mud daubers or other inscects got in it and plugged it.

If you capped the hoses there's your problem. Leave the hose to the back open but put a fuel filter or a ricer crankcase breather filter on the line to keep crap out.

That hose is where the pressure is venting. Its just never had so much pressure before now.

That hose is where the pressure is venting. Its just never had so much pressure before now.
Take it loose and blow it out. Make sure nothing has blocked it partially off.

Back