1995 xj 4.0

The iac is supposed to move as it allows air to by pass the throttle plate to manage engine idle. The thing that is curious is typically if it’s stuck “closed” (in the extended position) it should choke the engine like its stumbling. Either way it should move but the high idle sounds more like a vacuum issue like @shelby27604 said.

I had a stuck IAC valve on one of my ECORS XJs, same deal with the high RPMs at idle. I had no shortage of parts XJs, so swapping a different one was no problem.

To be totally correct... The iac is NOT supposed to have a moveable pintle, it should seem stuck. However you should be able to use the scan tool to manipulate it and make it move in and out. If the pintle rotates, it's bad. If the pintle moves in and out under hand pressure, it's bad.

To be totally correct... The iac is NOT supposed to have a moveable pintle, it should seem stuck. However you should be able to use the scan tool to manipulate it and make it move in and out. If the pintle rotates, it's bad. If the pintle moves in and out under hand pressure, it's bad.
Should idle change when its unplugged?

Lowest i can get it. New IAC. How do i comand lower and higher. Don't think my soluis will do a 95

Attachments

• 20190622_162007.jpg
    20190622_162007.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 268
750-800 is normal.

If it's a 95 I can reflash it if you want a lower idle, but that's where it should be..

Commanding it with the scan tool will only result in temporary changes.

Back