1997 F250 7.3 fuel leak

frankenyoter

No Rain, No Rainbow
Recently I developed a fuel leak. I can see it drip. It is dripping from the base of the assembly mounted to the fuel bowl. It looks like there is a snap ring that holds the hard line in place. I am assuming its an o ring.

The hard line in question is directly below where I am pointing to. Where do I get parts? Am I even thinking along the right line?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
IMG_20150109_171531390.jpg

When I got my truck it was leaking from behind the fuel bowl on the fuel bleed valve. It was two screws or maybe 4? And three o-rings took about an hour to fix o-rings were about 25 dollars to fix. There is a thread on here somewhere about it

Edit: search fuel leak in general tech it has the link to o-rings I used not sure if same problem as you thiugh

Www.dieselorings.com is where we buy a good bit of stuff for the shop. I'd buy the complete kit! Very common the see leaks there. My guess is your leak is at the regulator but hard to say without having it in front of me!

On the bottom of the assembly directly below my finger is a hard line. I didn't double check but I assume it came from the pump.

I figured that diesel o rings was the the place to check first. I will look at it tonight and get parts on the way. I hate a truck that leaks!

Back