1st Gen Dodge/Cummins VE Injection Pump

Granny

One day at a time...
Does anyone have 1st hand experience with one of these? Mine has developed a small leak showing up under and toward the rear of the pump. I have not yet pin pointed the exact location. Thus far, the leak appears to disappear after the engine has been run awhile and gets up to normal operating temperature. I'm sure this will not last much longer. I am presently waiting for the body shop to call to get it in for roof damage repair. After that, I will have to do something about the leak. Any help or info welcomed. ThanX!!!

I've worked on mine a time or two. Does it look like it's coming from between the halves of the pump body? Or maybe the fuel inlet line?

I can't give answer to that yet... I simply haven't taken the time to look hard yet. For now, I am mainly looking for those who do know a little about the things. My friend, you are officially bookmarked. :) I am thinking/hoping Bruiser might drop in on this too! :confused:

I'm down. They're not bad to work on. I've been all through mine. Almost everything short of taking it off the engine.

If yall get together and mess with it, let me know. I had a 89 D350 and pulled the pump and resealed it. It's been awhile, but I may be able to provide some value.

Back