2 post lift stuck all the way up, any ideas?

Scott86MJ

I have an Atlas 9000 2 post lift Ive had for over a year. I was using it as a saw horse to hold plywood while cutting. It would not go down after I was done. While trying to get it to go down I ended up raising it all the way up. This is the first time Ive used it without weight on it since I installed it and ran it up and down to bleed the lines. I have disconnected the stabilizing cables and also drained the cylinders and they are all the way down. I can pull the safety cables and they seem to be normal. This is happening on both columns, Ive tried to pry them down but seem to be caught on something. Any thoughts?
manual for lift

I have an Atlas 9000 2 post lift Ive had for over a year. I was using it as a saw horse to hold plywood while cutting. It would not go down after I was done. While trying to get it to go down I ended up raising it all the way up. This is the first time Ive used it without weight on it since I installed it and ran it up and down to bleed the lines. I have disconnected the stabilizing cables and also drained the cylinders and they are all the way down. I can pull the safety cables and they seem to be normal. This is happening on both columns, Ive tried to pry them down but seem to be caught on something. Any thoughts?
manual for lift
Sounds like it's jammed on the safety latches and they aren't releasing. You still live 5 minutes away? If so PM me your number.

Ive got high reach jack stands under them so they will only drop a couple inches.

Sounds like it's jammed on the safety latches and they aren't releasing. You still live 5 minutes away? If so PM me your number.
The lift is working again. Thanks again for your help Matt

The lift is working again. Thanks again for your help Matt
You're welcome. I'm pretty sure that left side cylinder must have just leaked down a little bit, which took the pressure off the chain and engaged the backup safety. Glad it was an easy fix and we got it figured out pretty quickly.

Back