20 years of Nc4x4?

Reid

Hasnt Seen Dirt in Years
someone refresh my memory...

this has been around longer than that, right. wasnt there an event in 2005 that triggered us to all have to re-register for the forum?

I seem to recall finding it in 2002ish, back when the old "TJ-List" email group was still very active.

“Mikey” ran it for a while and it was a split off of TTORA from what I recall.

I think I found it around ‘01/‘02?

Mike Shilling originated the board for NC-TTORA and it morfed into NC4x4, somewhere around 2001ish Rob Sitze acquired and ran then Shawn and Cyd acquired from Rob around March 2005 when there was a major software update with the then used BBS and that’s what the current calendar is using anything prior to that was lost to the Google sphere, I forget when Shawn upgraded to XenForo and all from the former was archived prior to that point.

I don't think shawn bought it until like 09 from rob...I could be wrong.
I'm positive it ran on the new software for a while with Rob and legaeagle ownership with shawn as an admin....then he took over a few years before the zenfo migration

I remember when ttoranc went away and I thought it was just gone forever...then like a month or two later ran into ....someone ...who told me it had resurfaced. Hence I joined a month late...lol

Last edited:
I think more about the future of this site than the origin. I’m glad it’s here, but worry that one day it will fizzle out. Most forums are not nearly as popular as they once were, so what happens when the traffic here has dwindled and it isn’t worth Shawn dealing with it?

Join date is on everyone publicly viewed

FYI hover your cursor over your (or any) user name and that will show the number user you are at the tail of URL ( what number your were when you registered on THIS version if NC4x4)

me being on a MacBook it shows in lower left corner of browser. I haven't been able to see it on iPad or iPhone.

I guess I am a noob.

I think more about the future of this site than the origin. I’m glad it’s here, but worry that one day it will fizzle out. Most forums are not nearly as popular as they once were, so what happens when the traffic here has dwindled and it isn’t worth Shawn dealing with it?

Fuller 2.0 will rise from the shadows and bring back ad traffic.
@shawn, much like DJT, is usually 3 steps ahead.
Ad hominem, mutually exclusive, straw man type stuff us simpletons will never understand.

Last edited:
I remember when I became a member, I needed a “sponsor” in order to post and such, I messaged a random member asking for a sponsor, stating I was relatives with another recent member, he agreed to sponsor me but warned me if I got out of line he would come park his shit on top of mine. No idea who the member was, I was just trying to be able to read and post....been off and on since join date, don’t post much but rather read

I remember when I became a member, I needed a “sponsor” in order to post and such, I messaged a random member asking for a sponsor, stating I was relatives with another recent member, he agreed to sponsor me but warned me if I got out of line he would come park his shit on top of mine. No idea who the member was, I was just trying to be able to read and post....been off and on since join date, don’t post much but rather read

i forgot all about the sponsorship thing. i cant even remember who sponsored me.

or.... was i before the sponsor was required and i sponsored someone else? so long ago...so many bumps to the head.

Back