20 years of Nc4x4?

I was on the old site back when Rob and Rich were the swinging dicks in 2002ish

Still friends with Rich. Actually threw my motorcycle off a mountain while riding with Rich

Man Rich Q was the first person to ever turn me on to the old site.
We met at...I think Tellico in one of those 4x4 trail magic deals. Someone in his party had snapped a rear drive shaft (I think). My BIL was carrying a full spare shaft and gave it to them.
Anyway he told me about the site and then...

Then in about 2005, my kids still laugh about this, he bought a toolbox online from a going out of business sale. It was a nice camlocker or similar. But had to pick it up in 7 days or some shit . The company was in greenville so I offered to grab it for him. Brought it home sat it on my trailer and then moved it to beside the shop next time I used the trailer. Over the next two years we proceeded to miss each other 100 times. Id be coming to Raleigh and he'd be gone that weekend. He'd be in Charlotte and I was gone etc. Finally he said "sell the damn thing and send me half the money. You deserve storage fees."..I cant remember who sold or bought it or for how much. But I know when we finally picked the box up to send it to a new home, we found a front money clip I had lost...with my DL, CC and hunting license etc....it was buried treasure.

Aint heard from him in forever.

I coulda sworn I was a member prior to what my join date indicates. Joined most forums my first year of college, so 04-05. Maybe I got lost in the conversion and rejoined. Or the chatter about a sponsor, entirely possible I said screw it and just joined after 21...which sounds vaguely plausible.

someone refresh my memory...

this has been around longer than that, right. wasnt there an event in 2005 that triggered us to all have to re-register for the forum?

Mike shut the forum down and deleted the database in Jan or Feb 2005.

First username was yjjpwrangler87, join date of early 2006. Lost the login information for it and made this one. I remember the sponsorship deals, Doughboy's rocks, and BeastInc's shenanigins.

Turned on to the board by some members of Vertical Excursions.

Seems like it all started around 2000 or so as I recall I had my second cj7 by then. We had to switch over to the new site in '05. I'm 149og...:beer: I hope it keeps going for a while I check the board almost every day and it still supplies entertainment since day 1!

Seems like it all started around 2000 or so as I recall I had my second cj7 by then. We had to switch over to the new site in '05. I'm 149og...[emoji481] I hope it keeps going for a while I check the board almost every day and it still supplies entertainment since day 1!
Dayum, I never knew I was number 55... and still 22x fewer posts than RatLabGuy.

I was a freshman in college when I joined in 07. @Ron volunteered to sponsor me sometime in there. Didn't meet him until 2011 or so after riding 12hrs to Alabama with another complete stranger from the board @rockcity I remember rolling into the hotel room in the weehours of the morning with Rob and that MF (ron) was straight sawing logs and I distinctly remember thinking to myself, "hmm, so that dude was my sponsor. I'm never going to get any sleep with his ass snoring like that" lol. Good times

I was a freshman in college when I joined in 07. @Ron volunteered to sponsor me sometime in there. Didn't meet him until 2011 or so after riding 12hrs to Alabama with another complete stranger from the board @rockcity I remember rolling into the hotel room in the weehours of the morning with Rob and that MF (ron) was straight sawing logs and I distinctly remember thinking to myself, "hmm, so that dude was my sponsor. I'm never going to get any sleep with his ass snoring like that" lol. Good times

I don’t think any of us got any sleep that weekend but it sure as hell wasnt from @Ron sawing logs. Maybe it was from the beer, maybe it was too much food, or maybe it was the hotel manager yelling at us at 3am for grilling wings INSIDE the hotel room? :lol:

I don’t think any of us got any sleep that weekend but it sure as hell wasnt from @Ron sawing logs. Maybe it was from the beer, maybe it was too much food, or maybe it was the hotel manager yelling at us at 3am for grilling wings INSIDE the hotel room? :lol:
That mf comfiscated our HOT grill and put it behind the front desk....we had a window open...geez.

At the get together me and Dylan were laughing about that weekend. I still hate crystal because of him.

What ever happened to Beas stInc. ?

Ricky is on my FB feed. Posts tons of pics of being on the lake with some hot ass Bitches, so I’d say he’s doin alright !

He took a lot of shit here, but was actually a good kid back then. Got to know him pretty well from his truck always being in the shop at 4wheel Parts.

Oh, and OG check in.

I've always wondered why I made my birthday 2 years older than I really am on here. I would have been 19 when I joined in 2007. Forgot all about having to have a sponsor, and apparently wasn't a fan.

Same i had to create another account just to message someone to get their number and buy their truck lol. I think i was 17 or so.

We just "identified" as older folks. lol
And really, that’s all we were after. Not turning the board into a grade school playground ( not saying there aren’t those types of shenanigans happening now).
NONE of the mods really liked the idea but it was the only way at the time to rein in the stupidity. It worked for the most part.

I made this account in 2007 and found out i couldn't post so made another with my dad's info until this one aged up

Back