2005 LJ Stock 6 Speed Manual Transmission Mount

Altonymous

Lost Wheelin'
I'm not interested in buying one.. but I'd love to see one that's in fairly good condition. My transmission seems like it's lower than I would expect, and I'm trying to determine if my mount is worn down enough to be the culprit before I order one from RockAuto.

Here's a couple pictures.

low-trans-1.jpg
low-trans-2.jpg
low-trans-3.jpg

Looks fine to me. Does the Jeep have a body lift or tcase skid drop?

The way that bushing is made, it could only compress a little bit... Maybe 1/4". More likely to get torn in half.

Yes it has a 1 1/4" BL and 1" MML in preparation for a tummy tuck. I just didn't think it would put it so far out as this to give me the inability to get it into reverse with the shifter boot on.

Guess I'll be looking for a cheap way to raise it a bit until I can get the under armor funds or I'll just drive around with the shifter boot out.. <-- more likely.

Yes it has a 1 1/4" BL and 1" MML in preparation for a tummy tuck. I just didn't think it would put it so far out as this to give me the inability to get it into reverse with the shifter boot on.

Oh yeah, it definitely would. Matter of fact, if you don't have a cable shifter, the t case linkage probably doesn't work, either.

Back