2007-2008 tundra 5.7L 4x4 for towing

highrollintj

anybody got one of these new tundras and dd'n it or using it for towing your jeep, boat, trailer, etc...

i havent been having very much luck finding a good used diesel and i dont really want one of the brand new ones due to the horrible fuel mileage that i have been hearing about so me and my dad have decided to go with a half ton. i have driven an 08' f150 fx4 and lariat, 4x4 dodge with the hemi, and just today the new tundra 4x4 with the 5.7L and out of all 3 the tundra seems to be like a bad ass truck. i dont care about chevys or gmcs so i didnt bother looking at them. i will mostly just be towing my bass boat but i am trying to figure out if it will tow my jeeps with out any problems.

i bought an 08 dc 4x4 5.7 about a month ago and cant be happier....ive been gettin on avg 15-16 mpg....18 on the highway if i stay under 75...not towed much yet, its too cold to go the lake around here...

yeah i hear that on the too cold part. i got a collegiate bass tournament against VT up at smith mountain lake march 8-9 and it is going to be somewhere in the low 50's i think. that kind of gas mileage sounds pretty good for a truck with almost 400hp and 400tq

i have a 97 gmc yukon and my trans. went out so i borrowed my father inlaws truck (08 tundra 4x4 5.7) and it pulled my yukon on my car hauler like it was nothing. just give it gas and it pulls. i want one real bad now that i pulled a heavy load. not a bad choice
it gets abou 17-19mps empty and 13mpg pulling

yeah i hear that on the too cold part. i got a collegiate bass tournament against VT up at smith mountain lake march 8-9 and it is going to be somewhere in the low 50's i think. that kind of gas mileage sounds pretty good for a truck with almost 400hp and 400tq

captian of the fishing team??? :D

hey Chris, I have a buddy that tows with that kind of truck, he has yet to have any problems (though he nomrally tows cars - small trucks )

Back