2010 ram blower motor blows

skyhighZJ

Thanks for your taxes
I have a 2010 3500 Ram w/ 6.7 auto. Have had the truck a couple years and love it but there is one drawback. When I want some AC or heat I can't be in any sort of hurry! It blows cold or hot as it should but it just doesn't blow with any force/volume of air from any of the ducts. All the doors work and close/open completely. I have checked and my model doesn't have a cabin air filler so not the issue. I'm just wondering what I may be missing. Also, I have pulled the motor and ran it out of the box it switches speeds as it should and seems to create a lot of wind but as soon as you put it up into the box it just doesn't produce the flow one would expect out of the vents. Any thoughts?

Happened to my 2005 Ram 2500. The recirc door on mine is directly above the blower motor. It broke off and fell down, completely blocking any air from the blower. When you removed the blower, did you look up in the hole?

Happened to my 2005 Ram 2500. The recirc door on mine is directly above the blower motor. It broke off and fell down, completely blocking any air from the blower. When you removed the blower, did you look up in the hole?

I did look up in there and that's the issue I found on all the forums but mine (gen 4) is a different design and the recirc is a different style possibly in response to the earlier faults with the gen 3. I'm lost... short of tearing the dash out (not gonna happen).

Back