2012 6.7 Cummins boost leak?

GONOVRIT

blue collar brotherhood
I have what sounds like a boost leak coming from the drivers side of the engine. It only does it while its building boost. I pressurized the system and it didn't make the sound. It will do it if I power brake it. Truck is fully deleted. If anyone knows of someone that could look at it near Charlotte/Hickory let me know. I'm ready to pull my hair out and the truck is about to drive across the country.

Where the intake elbow comes from the filter box and bends into the front of the turbo it gets real close to the boost pipe/boot as it heads to the intercooler. Mine rubbed a small hole and I had to replace the boost tube boot. I just replaced them all at the same time. Mishimoto boots and it actually made a difference in the feel of the acceleration cause the old factory boots and clamps are crap!

I have what sounds like a boost leak coming from the drivers side of the engine. It only does it while its building boost. I pressurized the system and it didn't make the sound. It will do it if I power brake it. Truck is fully deleted. If anyone knows of someone that could look at it near Charlotte/Hickory let me know. I'm ready to pull my hair out and the truck is about to drive across the country.
I'm no deisel or Cummings expert, but I'm pretty good at figuring stuff out. I'll be home all day tomorrow if you wanna bring it by and see what we can figure out. Extra points if you get stuck in eclipse traffic between your house and mine.

Back