2012 Workday Schedule

DRaider90

Uwharrie Off-Road Volunteering
Terry Savery sent out some updated information the schedule for the workdays this year. Here is the schedule plus some additional info from her e-mail:

February 25th
March 17th
April 21st
May 19th
June 16th
July 21st
August 18th
September 15th
October 20th
November 17th

There will be no work weekend in December due to the holidays. For the July and August work days we won't have any heavy duty work because it gets very hot during that time so we will plan on trash pick-up, trail marking, trail brushing, and tail ditch clean-out. Also, if you come up on different dates and do some trail work make sure to sign up with Janet Becker at Arrowhead Campground and she can sign out tools to you for the day and she'll turn your volunteer hours into me.

any news on the march 17th volunteer date yet? We have plans to camp up there that weekend and hubby would love to do the work day. Thanks! :)

The only thing I do know is we are planning on doing another equipment rental. Before Terry Savery left Saturday at the end of the workday I talked to her about next month, and she said as soon as she gets new projects flagged she will get back with myself (and the clubs etc) with a workload list. So plan on some of the work to involve equipment, which usually means tackling bigger projects.

Thanks for the heads up. If Deborah decides there "won't be a workday" this simply means we will be reduced to trash pick up, trail diamonds, cleaning tail ditches, etc. Its probably better to word it in the manner that there will be a workday, but it will probably be without Forest Service supervision. We will sign in with Janet Becker at Arrowhead, pick up supplies there and then head out. Makes for a nice laid back pace, and usually involves more trail riding.:driver:

Back