2013 Mazda 3 Issue

Cherokeekid88

So last weekend, wife and I were driving her car and she was driving and all of a sudden, she lost power steering, Check engine light came on, and traction control light came on. Got the car pulled over and cut it off and got it home with no issue. Read up a little bit about it, and read that it could be the MAF sensor and to make sure it wasn't wet or dirty...Looked clean, unhooked the battery and ran the car for a week with no issue, until today. Wife was driving down the road and same thing happened. She is on her way home now, but am trying to see if anyone has any idea on what this could be or where I can start looking? Going to go either tonight or tomorrow to get the code read and see what it says.

Found out the code. Its P0882 which is TCM Power input signal low. Looks like it could be caused by a bad battery (Hopefully)

Got the code cleared and did it again driving down the road about 10 min later.

low power to TCM points to a bad batery, bad alternator, loose connection, bad ground....

You mentioned you pulled the batt. Were the connections tight? Dielectric when they went back?

But yeah weather broke cold battery would be my first suspect

low power to TCM points to a bad batery, bad alternator, loose connection, bad ground....

You mentioned you pulled the batt. Were the connections tight? Dielectric when they went back?

But yeah weather broke cold battery would be my first suspect
Yeah, they were tight but full of corrosion, so I cleaned them up a bit. This battery is not that old, maybe 2 years or so? Wife is driving home about an hour away, so she went back to the shop where she got the code read and the guy cleaned up the terminals even more and said that he feels that should do it. So they are on their way back now and fingers crossed she can get it home.

Back