2013 Toyota Sienna noise under dash

RenegadeT

no shirt,no shoes,no dice
I don't feel this is tech worthy, just hoping maybe someone here has experienced or been exposed to the same thing and can shed some light on the subject. I'm not having much luck googling '2013 Toyota Sienna noise under dash' or maybe too much luck...been reading about Toyota noises for half an hour.
It sounds like a CD/DVD or hard drive spinning, going bad, right below the radio, behind the HVAC controls. Really loud and annoying. It's constant, and short of shutting the vehicle off, nothing changes it. Normally there is no CD in there, but playing one, ffwd, ejecting, changing volume, does nothing, noise is still unchanged. Radio power off...no change. This is a base model, no multidisc, no DVD, no navigation.
On to the HVAC. Reading a lot about auto adjust, rear syncing servos etc. Nothing I do changes the noise. I can hear the HVAC fan kick on and change rpm when changed, this is not it.
Next step... fumigate with PBlaster.

So does it stop when you turn off the blower fan? Sounds like a blower bearing going bad, or something servo'ing with the blend doors.

Nope, only way to change the noise is to shut the vehicle off. Sounds like something spinning, smaller than a blower fan. Servo motor...maybe, but I thought it would change if I switched modes. Now that I think about it, the display showed modes switching, but I need to recheck if the modes actually changed

It's probably a hamster in a wheel.

Toyotas are famous for having those under the hood.

Hello I'm new to this forum. I have a 2013 Toyota Sienna with 43,000 miles. I recently was hearing a humming/clicking noise and it would get loud at some point of my driving and then really quiet. I was told by a dealer that it was possible a twig/leave caught in the blower motor, so I entertained the idea and ruled that out. I took it to a dealer this past weekend and got the head mechanic to listen to it and he was able to diagnose it being the auxiliary fan in the radio going out. If you think you are hearing a humming or clicking turn off the climate control and the radio and turn the key switch to accessory and if you hear it then good chance it the fan in the radio. I thought it was the air mix servo for the passenger side temperature

I haven't heard anything lately from either the van or complaining wife (about the van:eek:)...it must have gone away on its own.

Back