2014 JK transmission issue after regear and LSD install

Scott86MJ

I just finished installing 4.56 gears and true tracs front and rear. I also broke a wheel speed sensor and replaced it. I took it for a test drive and I had traction control light come on and the jeep will not shift passed 2nd gear, and I think its in some kind of limp mode. I read the codes and had P0731 (Gear one incorrect ratio). So far I have reset codes, changed gear ratio and tire size in the system using alfaOBD. I also had installed an adjustable track bar that caused the steering wheel to be off so I straightened the steering and the traction control light went off but transmission still is not shifting. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

That code happens when it's not flashed with the proper tire size and gear ratio. Try resetting them again.

Sometimes the reflash takes a couple of attempts.
I've run into that a few times but never with a ProCal or a Super hips tuner
I will try again to reflash with the alfaOBD. The p0731 code is permanent and I'm not sure how to clear it. I will order the Procal or Super chips tomorrow if i cant resolve it today. Do you have a preference, they are about the same price. Thanks

AlfaOBD should be "better" than the Superchips or Procal option since it's within the OEM software. Have you tried pulling the ground cable long enough for everything to reset? I assume that won't fix it, but its worth a shot and doesn't cost anything.

I believe I have fixed it but I'm not sure what I did to fix it. I left the ground cable off over night but code was still there when I reconnected it today. I put the jeep in 4lo in my driveway and the ESPoff indicator came on and when I returned it to 2WD the CEL is out and the transmission shifts again.

Sometimes the Lord works in mysterious ways :D

On the plus side now I know someone local who has AlfaOBD so I can tweak a few things on my truck :D

On the plus side now I know someone local who has AlfaOBD so I can tweak a few things on my truck :D
Anytime, just let me know. I enabled backup camera and added the factory brake controller and it worked great.

It's not always all about YOU....except for now, because I'd do the same thing. :D

I believe I have fixed it but I'm not sure what I did to fix it. I left the ground cable off over night but code was still there when I reconnected it today. I put the jeep in 4lo in my driveway and the ESPoff indicator came on and when I returned it to 2WD the CEL is out and the transmission shifts again.
Welp I spoke to soon, the P0731 code came back so I ordered the Superchips flashcal. This is my wifes Jeep and I've had it in my shop for over 2 weeks so hopefully it works great once I use the Superchips programmer.

Back