231/d300 doubler???

MidwayJeremy

Anyone on the forum doing these??? I have both 231 and 300 just looking for someone with know how.....

I used this set up for a while in my old Jeep. Loved the gearing. I did have 4:1 in my 300. Only issue I had is I kept busting the 231 case. It's thin and won't take any flexing. My Jeeps frame was very flexy. If you use it I recomend it only in a rig with a sturdy frame. Cage tied into frame front to rear. DO not hard mount.

Yeah after reading up on them and reading the horror stories I think a D300 will be just fine also I don't believe I've heard of anyone flipping one and it not leaking....Ill prolly be going in the Stak replacement case direction so clocking ring,flip kit all that is already built in.....I'd love to go the low max 4:1 way if I could sell some parts and stuff laying around I would.....Going to tons has been the most confusing thing ever lol

I'm running a 231/231D stack and wheel the crap out of it without any problems. Key is not to hard mount them so that you don't put the case in a bind. I love the range you get from a doubler.

I'm running the same set up, built my own kit. The key is to make sure you have both the 231 and the 300 supported so you aren't relying on the case of the 231 to take the torque. Been wheeling mine hard for over a year and I'm on ton's and 42's. I can get some pics of the way I have mine supported if you need some idea's.

Back