35x14.50's of a 7" rim safe?

Deltron

Just wondering if I can run 35x14.5's on my stock 15x7 canyons. I think Mendoxj from nagca is running 14.5's on 7" rims but just wanted to get you guys opinion. I know it wouldn't be ideal but I really like my rims and don't want to get new ones. thanks

-Dave

I wouldn't do it...

I know a guy running 35x12.50s on 15x7, and I run 36x13.50 on 15x8...but I don't think I'd try a 14.50 on a 7" rim...

Greg

It's not unsafe, it's just gonna wear like shit.

Deltron said:
Just wondering if I can run 35x14.5's on my stock 15x7 canyons. I think Mendoxj from nagca is running 14.5's on 7" rims but just wanted to get you guys opinion. I know it wouldn't be ideal but I really like my rims and don't want to get new ones. thanks

-Dave

Mendoxj actually bought that ZJ already built up like that. He just got some new 33x12.50 Trxus to replace his 14.50 swampers because they were about bald in the middle of the tread.

You may run into problems regarding backspacing. At full lock your tire may just end up eating control arms. Oh yeah, and that pesky contact patch thing....Air down a lot to use it all.

Before my beadlocks, I had 35/16 boggers on 10 inch wheels, blowed beads all the time. So I went to 8 inch wheels, and no more problems. But went with beadlocks when I went to 39.5 boggers. If your rig is a trailor queen like mine, it's about as good as you will get except for beadlocks( as far as keeping the tire seated) but if it is a DD or see's a lot of pavement, it will wear the centers out quicker.

It should work just fine. Not ideal for street use but fine for offroad.

Hey,

i'll be curious to see what kind of pressure you end up running in them to get a flat contact patch for the street. i've got 35x14.5 Boggers on 15x10 rims. in the rear they're at like 15psi, and 17psi in the front to get a reasonably flat tread. put them on 7" rims . . . maybe you won't need air pressure, lol. then again, my CJ isn't all that heavy, so it may depend what vehicle they're going under.

later,
bigmac

Back