37-38” for 15” rim

skyhighZJ

Thanks for your taxes
I have a set of 15x9.75 Racelines for my 1st gen Toyota. The way the truck has come out I’m thinking a set of 37-38” tires. Non sticky as it will see road time. I’m thinking SXII. But tell me I’m right or wrong.

oh, I’m cheap. Also not wanting to buy new rims for the deal I got on the racelines I’d be hard pressed to find steel rims for the same price.

If you aren't against being counter culture... 38x15.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers.

Watching them on a Sammie truggy, acts like a krawler with big tread blocks on big rocks, acts like a bogger climbing ledges, snow tires the rest of the time. Huge volume is fun aired down to 3-4psi. Fun on trails, modern 37 and 39 stickies are better in rocks but not on the road.

I vote 38.5x14.50 SXs. light weight and true to size.

38x12.5 TSL's are where it's at. Never had mine give me any disappointment.

I’ve never had a set of 38” TSL’s I didn’t like on a Toyota. Usually cut the centers out of the lugs to make it two smaller lugs and they work pretty damn good.

38x12.5 TSL's are where it's at. Never had mine give me any disappointment.

Bang for buck this is a really hard combo to beat!

@Chris_Keziah @NCJeeplover @StretchASU It’s what I have been thinking. I just wanted to throw it out there in case I may have missed something. Oh, and as mentioned, I’m cheap/poor. Thinking staying in a 12.50 wide would hopefully keep my toy axles a little longer than going wide. Also it’s an ‘81ish toy p/u so wide tires are gonna be hanging all the way out.

Back