40 closed in Haywood county

The weekend y’all are going to AOP we are going on a trip to. Boss is already pissed cause I asked off that Friday before he scheduled a budget proposal with a owner for a job that’s about 12 million dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You my friend, are in the catbird seat if it works out for you. More than once I’ve had something planned with the Mrs, vacation time submitted and approved, when the boss said he he needed me for a meeting with customers, upper management, whatever. Each time I got my cancellation costs covered and my rescheduled vacation paid. How much is it worth to your boss.

You my friend, are in the catbird seat if it works out for you. More than once I’ve had something planned with the Mrs, vacation time submitted and approved, when the boss said he he needed me for a meeting with customers, upper management, whatever. Each time I got my cancellation costs covered and my rescheduled vacation paid. How much is it worth to your boss.

As long as my budget is done he really doesn’t care I sit in the meeting and don’t say anything and take notes about what the client wanted. All his wants have been done. I’ve got a little over a week to finish budget. My goal is for it to be done next Wednesday and review with him on Thursday

77/81 is generally 10 minutes longer. Negligible in a 5 hr trip for sure

Then you spend four hours sitting in traffic in the gorge on the way home from Dixie run, and you never go that way ever again. ;)

The pull up I77 is easier than I40, too.

What about 40 to 74 in waynesville to I75?
@CasterTroy @obullfish

For reference from my house it’s a difference of 4 minutes. We can back this way. They have had some small slides but nothing to bad. It’s mostly two lane so it all depends on who is in front of you if you will loose a lot of time.

As far as the one lane traffic goes, I’d expect it to be backed up for miles both ways. We came through last Sunday and lost a little over an hr from around 1-2pm. Turns out the hold up was 3 tree trucks trimming the banks and had one lane closed. DAMN we should’ve listened to Waze!! I’m sure people will be rubbernecking the work.

I’d take 74 personally it was pretty fast flowing today with hardly any traffic, even at the area they have 74 down to one lane. We may have just hit it at the right time. But if 40 is open to one lane most wont be looking for a way around

Just a heads up for anybody headed toward or from Knoxville.We were thru there today and it's a mess.They are doing chipping/paving work on the bridge on the NB side about mm 490 ish on 40 in knoxville.They are redirecting traffic at the 40/81 split to exit 56 (on int 81) in Kingsport to get on 26,which puts you goin thru sams gap to get to Asheville.All the I40 three lane traffic before the split is now on two lane Int 81 and its very heavy and slow.South bound 81 to the split is heavy too.

Back