4l80e rebuild

C.Berry

Bad News
Im highly considering getting the 4l80e rebuilt in my 2500 burb this year instead of just swapping it out for a junkyard special and have 0 faith in any of the trans shops around my area. Sad I know, I’m gonna need it done with quality and pride bc that’s how it should be done imo, and it will be my main transportation to Smithfield, NC each month over the next 6 years. I will be rebuilding engine or swapping engines next year also to keep it up to par for the highway travel also if engine starts to give any issues which at 190k it’s not gonna last forever I know. Any recommendations from you fine folks down in the NC, that’s not over priced and will give me a long lasting trans that won’t leave me or my family stranded?? Was looking into jaspers but they seem to have lost their shine over the years pushing out quantity instead of quality!?

Goodwrench sells a 4L80 for $2,550 with warranty and shipping, there are a few good shops around Raleigh, but with the distance you cover in that truck, a nationwide warranty might prove handy if you ever need it.

My last 4L60 was rebuilt with all the go fast parts and lasted less than 10k miles before I lost all forward gears and reverse.....I was SOL because I had it built by a guy in Charlotte and it died in Raleigh. On a daily driver, go with someplace that gets you a nationwide warranty.

Back