4Runner 3.4 a good choice?

The guys i work with have the 3.4 motors. I wouldnt dare buy a 3.0. Even my 22re isnt that great on fuel. I will have to suggest the try cleaning that sensor. Lots of good info in this thread. Thank you. :beer:

Yeah, suggest that they also NOT poke anything in there to clean it, use a spray to accomplish the job. There is a fine heated wire that is easily broken inside the MAF this is also the wire that gets coated with oil which is what is effecting the mileage, also need to clean the IAC and throttle body periodicly as well.

I've got a factory hitch sitting in my basement if your inter tested in one.

OK MPG update.

I went twice to Linden to get parts blasted and powder coated at Gainey's. It's about a 100 mile round trip on 2 lane hwy (210 from Smithfield to Lillington and then 401). This means 55-60 mph and not a ton of stopping. I also went to Garner to Agri-Supply on the bypass and this was 75 mph hwy and about 40 mile round trip. The rest was around town. I made sure to not do jack rabbit starts and did no hard acceleration.

I went 294 miles and filled up with 13.584 gallons. I made it click off multiple times to get it to an even $33 so it was as full as possible.

This makes it an incredible 21.64 MPG !!! I am ecstatic! Most report over 20 on the hwy but this is VERY good. I credit the low mph on the trips to Linden for most of it. My speedo is dead on with my GPS BTW.

ai7.photobucket.com_albums_y252_ponykilr_4Runner_b0905043_2ddd035def6101f34767c3c28e84c6e4bf76.jpg

that's pretty good. might go look at one this weekend in chapel hill if it has not sold. or I have time. I am just torn on the decision. I need more room, but don't want to turn loose of my truck. hahaha. thanks, jesse :beer:

any good updates on the runner. I have been looking the last 2 months, not to serious, but just sold my Toyota pickup and need to replace it. don't like driving the ford everyday. hard to find them with lower miles, most seem to be over 200k. most of the ones I find are about a 3 hour drive and I can't go look at them during the week due to work. hoping to find a nice one soon. thanks, jesse :beer:

It still gets great mileage if I do not drive it hard. It got right at 22 on a recent trip where I used rural hwy roads at 55mph or so. If I get on the interstate it get 19-20 (aerodynamics) and around home it averages 17-20 even pulling my 5x8 trailer once per week to mom's to cut her grass. It is in my opinion a perfect daily driver size, easy to park and turns around tight lots very well. It has good room and it good on trips. The AC is FRIGID and will frost the windows. It is good off road even with street tires (rear locker) and is comfortable on the road.

I wish it had cloth seats. Leather makes my back sweat LOL.

Some pics of my recent road trip.

ai7.photobucket.com_albums_y252_ponykilr_IMG_2283_zpsdc7b33d1.jpg

ai7.photobucket.com_albums_y252_ponykilr_IMG_2286_zpsb804c2ba.jpg

ai7.photobucket.com_albums_y252_ponykilr_IMG_2285_zps17234d7c.jpg

ai7.photobucket.com_albums_y252_ponykilr_IMG_2282_zpse22663a2.jpg

well I bought one this evening. hope it does me well. won't be able to get it tagged till next week. leaving for Wrightsville in the am and won't be back till sunday evening. hopefully I will get it tagged next Wednesday. I bought a 99 sr5 with 127,000 miles. its an automatic and drove really well on the way home. I will try and post some pics when I get a chance. thanks, jesse :beer:

runner1.jpg
runner3.png

Back