4x Focus... on Racin' for the Cure

NC4x4

Cancer does not care if you have your whole life ahead of you. What can I do? 60 miles...that is what I WILL do! Let's work together to end all cancer. Today is the day to make a difference. I am on a mission to end this terrible disease. I can't do it alone. -- Shea Nutt

aimg.nc4x4.net_wp_2011_10_DSC_0938.jpg

Shea Nutt is the woman behind the wheel of the Barco Motorsports #603 Ford Ranger, aka "The Boobie Truck", and she has paired her desire to help a great cause with the go-fast life of motorsports racing.

Shea first became involved in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure walk when a close friend's passion for the cause led her to join the team in the fight against breast cancer. The 3-day is a grueling event of walking 20+ miles each day and sleeping in tents on the nights in between. Last year it was in the low 30s each night with frost on the ground in the morning!

Shea is a member of Team Soul II Sole, in their second year walking the Dallas/Fort Worth 3-Day for the Cure. Last year the team, made up of 7 passionate women, was able to raise over $40,000. To date in 2011, Team Soul II Sole has raised just over $17,000.

aimg.nc4x4.net_wp_2011_10_DSC_5087.jpg

When asked how she connected the 3-day with a stocker race truck, Shea says, "I had the opportunity at the 2011 King the Hammers to ride in and drive the BMS Ultra4 car [4426]. At that moment it clicked. The concept of spreading breast cancer awareness through racing was a natural combination for myself and the team."

Although the 4426 experienced quite a few challenges at KOH, the team went home to Texas revved up for more and the Boobie Truck was born.

aimg.nc4x4.net_wp_2011_10_DSC_5240.jpg

Shea first raced in A Class at War Damn ECORS at the Great American Park in Auburn, AL, on April 30, 2011. She completed seven of ten laps in the then-red Boobie Truck, but she made an impression on the series.

aimg.nc4x4.net_wp_2011_10_DSC_4995.jpg

Shea was back for more ECORS racing in Spartanburg, SC, in July, with a new black paint job on the Boobie Truck and again at the Devils' Playground near Trinity, NC, in August. She placed third in the W.E.ROCK Dirt Riot Endurance Race in Altus, OK, on Sept 16th!

aimg.nc4x4.net_wp_2011_10_DSC_1072.jpg

aimg.nc4x4.net_wp_2011_10_DSC_3489.jpg

Both the Boobie Truck and the 3-day are family affairs. Shea says, "My husband Weldon and my son Jacob have been very supportive and work very hard at keeping my truck running strong and repaired after every race as well as pushing me to stay focused on my training. My family, friends and team are all very supportive of my effort and passion to make a difference and to do my part in finding a cure for cancer. I couldn't do any of this without each and every one of them!"

aimg.nc4x4.net_wp_2011_10_270469_10150367814813066_414748618065_10257916_8007943_n.jpg

Shea will miss the ECORS Season Finale at Windrock because it conflicts with the Dallas/Fort Worth Race for the Cure. She's hoping to make a strong showing in the 2012 ECORS series and we're confident she'll have no trouble giving the boys a run for their money. We wish Shea and the Soul II Sole team the best with their fundraising and with the 3-day walk in November!

Click here to comment on this post.

Back