76 Jeep cj7 wiring Diagram or a wiring Jig

UDT JEEP MAN

I am looking for an inexpensive way to rewire my 76 cj7 with the 258; I don’t want to put a lot of cash into it so a PAINLESS would be painful on the wallet. So does anyone have a wiring diagram other than one from the over the counter book like Cilton or a wiring jig that I could buy cheep?

Get a 12 cicut fuse block from a race shop, and wire in the necessary items such as guage lights head lights, signals, brake lights, heater fan, and so on. I have not done it but if the race cars can run off of it I am sure A jeep could

If you dont want to shell out the cash for a painless kit, you can do what upnover suggested, just get a fuse block from a race shop or even go to boaters world and get one and wire it up the manual way. Nothing is computer controlled 'cept for the ignition module so its fairly easy to do.

I go to junk yard an cut them out of 80"s an 90's vehicles, leave enough
wire to do connections with shrink wrap. You get your blinkers an every
thing else you need in the block.

ive been using a haynes manual to do my efi swap its covers my 77 harness 100%. Im not sure what engine your replacing, but the manual clearly shows the various wiring for 8cyl vs 6cyl etc... so as long as you had your pig tails for the new engine you could easily splice things in.

Im actually splicing the 77 harness to a newer 90 donor car fuse block, mainly to add addition dedicated fuses for the ECM, injectors etc..

If you need any odd ball connectors i may have some laying around in my scrap wiring box..

-mike

There was some banter in the past over on the ORC Jeepster board about another option kit wise... IIRC, it was called the "EZ" brand... supposedly the quality was that of Painless, but without the sticker shock...

Thanks for the suggestions, I like the idea of replacing the fuse block and all of that but what about finding the connectors is their some place to buy the right ones for the cj’s? I was going with the idea of hard wiring or just using Radio Shack connectors.
If I go with a boat fuse block will I have turn signals? And hear is another thought would you go up in wire size on all of the harness? Moreover where is there a race shop in the RTP area? To many thing to think about when you get down to it

Back