8.8 Ranger swap

Camplbell08

Ok been thinking about putting an 8.8 in my 2002 2wd Ford ranger, to start with I want everything to work as should. Truck is lowered had 2016 mustang drag pack wheels, I had to put wheel 1.5 wheel spacers on it to make it look right, truck is really nice don't want to butcher anything up. What would be my best option a 4wd ranger rear end along the same year or can I swap a disc brake explorer rear fairly easy I mean make parking brake work ect. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Look for an off-road package truck. 4.10 gears and disc brakes, if I remember correctly.

Let's see some pictures of the ranger.

www.car-part.com

Enter your vehicle information and see what was optioned that year.. it should be pretty much bolt in. Why the swap if it's 2wd?
Well im a motorhead for one, lol. Its open diff now 2.3 5 speed it seems like it just spins everywhere when im trying to take off on a hill, yes I know its a 2.3 but ive looked into buying a trac loc and for what they want for a trac loc I could buy a used 8.8 and swap if reasonable.

Well im a motorhead for one, lol. Its open diff now 2.3 5 speed it seems like it just spins everywhere when im trying to take off on a hill, yes I know its a 2.3 but ive looked into buying a trac loc and for what they want for a trac loc I could buy a used 8.8 and swap if reasonable.

I have a 2.3 ranger and have thought about swapping a 4.10 lsd axle into it to make it a little easier to drive around town. I never take it on long trips or on the highway so it wouldn't bother me. I was just going to find an explorer rear at the pick n pull to swap into it.

Back