'84 258 Intake Manifold Question

Caver Dave

Just holdin' it down here in BFV
Beginning the process of swapping my brothers '84 258 over to TBI (despite having the parts for over a year :rolleyes:).

Anyway, he had an adapter for dropping a MC2100 on it (stopped that silliness upon seeing what a HUGE difference the TBI had on mine ). Because of the adapters slotting (held the bolt heads captive) where it mated with the intake, we both assumed the intake was flanged to allow the use of bolt/nut to secure it to the manifold (was gonna use studs in the bottom of the new TB adapter dropping down thru the intake). However, looking at the intake, it clearly shows the intake actually uses blind studs to secure the carb.

Since I'll be machining the adapter from stock manifold to Rochester TB (should be MUCH better than stacking adapters... OEM to 2bbl & then to TB), I need to figure out how to mount it. While the intake bolt pattern appears to interfere with the TB's bore, that still looks like the best method (will use socket heads & hand blend the TB bores into the smaller/closer intake pattern).

So, can anyone tell me what the OEM studs (holding the carb to the intake) are size/pitch wise? Maybe the depth of these holes into the intake?

This info will negate tearing his down to pull the studs prior to machining the adapter... :flipoff2:

Back