84mpg DD?

Lurch830

messin' with sasquatch
Saw this on another forum, thought it would lead to an interesting discussion....scheduled to release July, 2014
Click for Link!
2nd Link!
elio_green.jpg elio_red.jpg
Green is not my first choice, I'd have to go with red or blue!
8-gallon tank, 3-wheeled 2-seater (registered as a motorcycle), ~$7k sticker price w/ a 3-year warranty, made in Louisiana, comes in auto or manual, claims 100+mph from a 3-cylinder 1-liter engine, 0-60 in 9.6seconds, 49mpg city & 84mpg highway. Being 6'6", I'm not sure I'd fit...
Doesn't look like it would haul a load back from the hardware store, would get you laughed out of the drag strip, and obviously isn't for families; but definitely could be DD/grocery-getter material.

But if a prius rear ended me, would I die? Cuz I doubt the structural integrity of that lol

But if a prius rear ended me, would I die? Cuz I doubt the structural integrity of that lol
lol...not sure, they say it sports a reinforced roll cage, 3 air bags & a 50% larger crush zone than similar vehicles. Only problem with that is I'm not sure what else is similar & where/how you get 50% more out of that tiny thing!

why not just ride yer motorsickle? Its a lot more fun!

It is, but the best I've got from that was 47mpg on the ride down to Sunset Beach. Thanks again for the invite to ride the other day, had a blast!

There is a guy here that has something similar. It is purple and looks like a thumb.

No way would I put aside my ballsack for MPG.
You don't have to put away your ballsack, you just mount 3 wheels on it, paint it, and ride it to the store!

I'd put a hayabusa motor in it and watch you guys in my rear view mirror :)

I gave being green a shot late last year. Bought a Prius. It does what they say but was so frigging boring to drive I traded it in 2 months later. I'd rather pay double in gas than do that again.

well all of ya'll will be wishing you had something like this when gas hits $6-$8 a gallon when something or someone disrupts the oil supply. it's all 99.9% of us need for a commute.
Nah, I'll stick with my VW TDI. It seats 5, has a huge trunk, handles great, and still regularly averages over 40mpg with 180k miles on it.

well all of ya'll will be wishing you had something like this when gas hits $6-$8 a gallon when something or someone disrupts the oil supply. it's all 99.9% of us need for a commute.

Some folks commute requires haulin a t-case,axle ,ect and Im sayin BS on the mileage.

thats why I left room for that .1%

Diesel is more expensive, and will continue to be with the pollution standards

hard to make a vehicle that will fit every need of every member of the population. but we will need higher mileage vehicles, so keep the designs and prototypes coming.

Back