86 4runner with e-locker swap offset?

wildrice

I installed a 2006 taco e-locker and did the whole double cardin swap and tilted the diff up with new perches.. I just noticed that it kinda looks like the driveshaft is out of line between the tailshaft and the pinion from side to side.. Is that normal with an elocker?

Attachments

• 20190923_090412.jpg
    20190923_090412.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 245
My 88 pickup looks exactly like that. The pinion gear has to ride to one side of the ring gear. Kind of makes sense that it will not be in an exact perpendicular line to the axle.

A mechanic at work here said that alot of vehicles do the offset rearend centerline so that the pins in the rear joint get rolled instead of making flat spots on the pins. I guess I just never noticed it

Late browse and reply. My 85 4runner with 95 pickup rear housing and rear elocker is the same. I assumed stuff happens when mixing matching parts. It's been fine for almost 5 years.

Good leaf springs and shackles will keep it off the gas tank skid.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I got a question For y’all with the e lockers I’ve been researching but I can’t find the exact answers can I take my ring and pinion out of my 8 inch 4 cyl diff and put them in an E locker diff without having to buy ones exactly for elocker diff cause I got good 5.29s and I’d like to get e locker third and put them in but if the ring has different number of bolts in e locker or some I can’t and I can’t figure it out I’m just looking for answeres if anyone can let me know

I got a question For y’all with the e lockers I’ve been researching but I can’t find the exact answers can I take my ring and pinion out of my 8 inch 4 cyl diff and put them in an E locker diff without having to buy ones exactly for elocker diff cause I got good 5.29s and I’d like to get e locker third and put them in but if the ring has different number of bolts in e locker or some I can’t and I can’t figure it out I’m just looking for answeres if anyone can let me know

Ring gear will bolt on fine, only thing needed for 4cyl gears to be setup in an elocker (6cyl) diff is a spacer on the pinion to make up the pinion depth difference between the 4-6cyl gears. Should be about 1/8" thick spacer to get them to setup with a normal amount of pinion shims.

Back