87 4Runner, Auto hubs to Manual?

Tacoma747

What does it take to change the hubs in a 87 4Runner from Auto's to Manual. I had to change a wheel bearing and the hub is busted (probably caused wheel bearing failure), so I would rather have manual hubs that autos.

Whats involved? Anyone have the hubs so I can do it?

Thanks

do you have auto locking hubs or add? If its add you can simply bolt on regular locking hubs in place of the drive flange - very easy, I actually did this to my 4runner last week. Since its an 87 I bet it has automatic hubs though. in that case you have to buy a conversion kit along with a set of hubs. The kit consists of four 54mm nuts, two larger washers, and two locking washers. If the dealer pulls up the exploded diagram for a truck / 4Runner with manual hubs these parts should be easily identifiable. try this website for a good write up
http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/tech/autohub/

probably be cheaper to find someone that is doing a SAS on a yota, and buy there spindle and all. Just convert over the the factory setup. Havent done it personally, but should work fine. The shafts themself may be different?? but i cant remember.

Seth

Back