87 Isuzu trooper sas and v8 swap

yeah I'm thinking strength not exacts... nothing comes to mind though $$. just beefier components
how about a Yota front? seems like getting longfields would be worth the money....
wonder if you could get gears to match what the 12 bolt can stuff in there.
I don't know all the yota ratios.
Isuzu 12s can get 4.56, 4.77, (I think 4.88), 5.13, 5.38

damn all this thinking out loud makes me wanna drop the Zu off at Chris' shop (marsfab) and get busy for the winter...

yeah I'm thinking strength not exacts... nothing comes to mind though $$. just beefier components
how about a Yota front? seems like getting longfields would be worth the money....
wonder if you could get gears to match what the 12 bolt can stuff in there.
I don't know all the yota ratios.
Isuzu 12s can get 4.56, 4.77, (I think 4.88), 5.13, 5.38

damn all this thinking out loud makes me wanna drop the Zu off at Chris' shop (marsfab) and get busy for the winter...
i really want to stay with full width axles

i know mudjunkie. this is a true budget build. everything that is going into the truck is stuff that he already has. he has built several good tuff trucks using half ton and 3/4 ton axles. Paul.... use a light foot and common sense and you will be fine. if it does break then go from there. but stick to your plan and drive like you always have and no worries
besides if you break i dont want to have to pull your ass of the trail haha

i know mudjunkie. this is a true budget build. everything that is going into the truck is stuff that he already has. he has built several good tuff trucks using half ton and 3/4 ton axles. Paul.... use a light foot and common sense and you will be fine. if it does break then go from there. but stick to your plan and drive like you always have and no worries
besides if you break i dont want to have to pull your ass of the trail haha
he will be fine the blazer has done very good and i have tryed to kill it and cant its on a 10 bolt front and a gm 12 bolt i drive one way foot met floor and i cant hurt them axles welded read limited slip front with 36" tsl's = good time at ure

ifs is gone

058.jpga picture of the rough fr spring hanger

060.jpgmaking hybrid springs to get proper height

062.jpg front spring hanger and getting the proper arch on my springs

my rusty dana 44 and sliding under truck for first bolt up

068.jpggone be laying the wire brush to this one but th internals look ok

070.jpg
a little taller than i expected . those are 38's

Attachments

• 071.jpg
    071.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,015
Damn, subscribing to this. Have a tbi 350 waiting to go into a 90 trooper right now, just don't see how I'm going to fit that fucker in there.

trying to find out what radiator you used for your v 8 swap mudjunkie im running an automatic tranny and cant seem to find one that wants to fit in there any suggestions on what to try

Hey Mudjunkie, did you ever finish this. I'm doing pretty much the same thing with 1 ton axles and a 350 tbi w/th400. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks,

Back