94 Yota 22RE Problems

SpydyrWyr

I've got a strange idle problem. The throttle is very hesitant coming off idle, it takes sometimes up to a second or two before it starts to ramp up. It's also "sticking" at the peak. I'll ramp it up to a certain RPM, and let off the accelerator, but it hovers at that peak RPM for a second or two before s-l-o-w-l-y easing back down to idle. I've tried new TPS and AFS, also made sure the cold start injector wasn't always on. Exhaust system is clear. I'm stumped, HELP PLEASE!!!

Make sure to look at the connector on the MAF sensor I've had a few that one of the terminals pulled out or had corrosion. Might also try looking at the EGR just to see if it is opening up too soon. Try unpluging it then rev it up.

Check the rubber boots on the tube between the AFM and throttle body for cracks.

The boot at the TB end tends to crack and leak air with age, not letting the AFM get a true air draw.

Kevin

Thanks guys. Working on it today, no luck yet. Tried taking out EGR, I've already used that 4crawler.com article to try a new TPS (expensive as damnit, by the way), but to no avail. Have sapped AFS with a 93 model, no luck there either. Used a Launch diagnostics tool and didn't see anything wrong. No check engine light, no codes, I'm losing my mind!!!!

Change the fuel filter ?

under intake above starter, real fun to get too and the bolts are tight as hell !

Also, how about the fuel pressure regulator ? pull the vac line off, see if diaphram is leaking. plug vacuum line and start engine, see what happens then.

K

Yeah, I've replaced the fuel filter, but I haven't tried the FPR yet. Good call. I'm going to go try that, and also check valve adjustment. Thanks for the help, if you think of anything else, please share!

sounds like a vacume leak to me get a can of carb cleaner and spray all around the engine every vac line intake manifold etc see if the idle changes if it does there is your leak.

Back