95 Pathy Nate Ghetto SAS

MurrPath

Hey everyone.
I haven't even wheeled my pathy yet since getting it off jack stands, but after driving it, something is off. I feel like I measured correctly, but somehow the passenger side shackle is 1/2' farther back than the driver side causing the shackle to be angled forward. The truck was in a fairly substantial front end wreck before I owned it and if you really look at it you can see that things aren't 100% right. It was the passenger side front that I always had problems with tire wear and that UCA took a longer bolt and a ton of washer to get the alignment (caster and camber) even close. I am not surprised that between that and my own human error something is not right and needs to be redone.

I ordered leaf spring slider boxes from Liquid Iron Industries. There is a thread on another NC4x4 room that I have read and the dude seemed to have really good luck with them.

SO that is my current situation. Any thoughts?

I haven't seen one of the slider box designs in person, but they make a lot of sense and take a lot of guesswork out of the shackle. Will there be an issue with them needing to be flat where the frame is angled? I guess you'll have to do some gusseting to get them back to flat. I also like the fact that it lowers the front end a little.

Saw them used on a Race rig @MarsFab built and was raced against us in ECORS. We are build a set for Robs SAS in January. Will be interesting to see how yours work out.

I haven't seen one of the slider box designs in person, but they make a lot of sense and take a lot of guesswork out of the shackle. Will there be an issue with them needing to be flat where the frame is angled? I guess you'll have to do some gusseting to get them back to flat. I also like the fact that it lowers the front end a little.

I'll know nthey get here. from looking at pictured of different ones installed on different frames, I am hoping they are able to just get welded to the bottom of the frame EZPZ like.

Jed, do you have a mig 110v? I don't have 220v anywhere near my garage/driveway. I'd sure welcome some help some weekend.

Frame probably is not square if it was in an offset collision. This is a tough one to measure with a fully assembled vehicle. Does the vehicle sit level side-to-side? If not check for a stiff shackle bushing; if it does not swivel easily it could "jack" that side up somewhat. Measure the compressed length of both springs eye-to-eye to ensure that they are both identical as well. If one is either longer or softer than the other it would result in a slack shackle angle.

Frame probably is not square if it was in an offset collision. This is a tough one to measure with a fully assembled vehicle. Does the vehicle sit level side-to-side? If not check for a stiff shackle bushing; if it does not swivel easily it could "jack" that side up somewhat. Measure the compressed length of both springs eye-to-eye to ensure that they are both identical as well. If one is either longer or softer than the other it would result in a slack shackle angle.
funny you mention the springs they were new 44044, but they sat outside at Jed's place-- I think on the ground for a good length of time, and there was a bunch of scaling rust between a bunch of the leafs. I cleaned it up best I could, but I have thought about getting new springs too.

funny you mention the springs they were new 44044, but they sat outside at Jed's place-- I think on the ground for a good length of time, and there was a bunch of scaling rust between a bunch of the leafs. I cleaned it up best I could, but I have thought about getting new springs too.

I would spend more time under the truck with a tape measure comparing things before replacing the springs. I know how beer gets consumed during build sessions...

Jed, do you have a mig 110v? I don't have 220v anywhere near my garage/driveway. I'd sure welcome some help some weekend.

I do have a 110 MIG as well as a 220, where is your power panel? Man I would love to come help sometime, just let me know when you want to work on it and I'll be there.

No a whole lot new here. A pile of parts that need to get installled. Been working on wiring recently - lights, push button start, radio.
Prior to that I was chasing a misfire - plugs wires, cap, rotor.

next is to add the 3rd spring back to the 44044s since I have 4” lift springs for the rear, move the front axle forward 3/4” with a relocation plate, add bump stops and get the slider boxes installed.

Looks good nate! Hope we see you at Hollerwood in a few months.

Front is done with adding in the 1 leaf, moved forward 1” and with the ubolt protection. I’ll weld on the relocated shock tabs tomorrow
Then figure out how to put the new rear springs in w/o a lift or spring compressors.

Attachments

• 08F28018-02A8-4BAE-BED8-C3E58832D5FB.jpeg
    08F28018-02A8-4BAE-BED8-C3E58832D5FB.jpeg
    257.3 KB · Views: 178
  • 0F15F1C1-7324-430E-BA6B-22D1FA08EED5.jpeg
    0F15F1C1-7324-430E-BA6B-22D1FA08EED5.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 179
  • E0F96AC5-A8D0-4EEC-BD2A-D317507FB981.jpeg
    E0F96AC5-A8D0-4EEC-BD2A-D317507FB981.jpeg
    213.6 KB · Views: 178
  • AB423F2B-97A7-4A91-BB54-335BE0F8BF74.jpeg
    AB423F2B-97A7-4A91-BB54-335BE0F8BF74.jpeg
    160.6 KB · Views: 167
  • 5516F92C-E507-49BF-A05E-22B4A9F16823.jpeg
    5516F92C-E507-49BF-A05E-22B4A9F16823.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 171
Will we see this at Hollerwood next month?

Back